Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What to wear under pads
  • wobbliscott
    Free Member

Just got some knee pads as my new full suss bike is making me spend more time in the air so it’s only a matter of time till I take a tumble. Do people out there wear anything under them to protect them from sweat and chaffing, though they do feel comfy. I’d imagine they can get pretty skanky pretty quickly.

passtherizla
    Free Member

I wash mine… They’ve always been fine next to skin, no slippage or chafing either.

kayak23

Generally I wear nowt under pads, but long xc rides tend to make my Kyle straits chafe a bit. I’ve found 3/4 length lycra undershorts that just cover my knee work well. Either that or put plasters where they chafe.

Northwind

Mate of mine wears cheap tubigrip under his, quite clever. As long as they’re clean, mine are fine, no chafing.

gordonb
    Free Member

a smear of sudocreme on the knees keeps the kyle straits from chaffing on warm days… works a treat, zero faff

hels
    Free Member

Long bib shorts. With a t-shirt underneath, tucked in – for that Extra from a Robin of Sherwood Film look.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

nowt, wash them when they get gritty though

st

I tried it once with some Lycra knee sections and it just caused the pads to move around more on my legs. Suggest you don’t bother and just leave them out between rides and wash periodically.

Phil_H

3/4s with the pads over the top otherwise I end up with carpet burns just above my knee caps.

chakaping
    Free Member

One of my TLD kneepads has been chafing terribly lately.

So I’ve put a buff under it and that does the job nicely.

shortcut

You can’t beat a pair of RinHill traksters under your knee pads. Great looks and super comfy.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What to wear under pads’ is closed to new replies.