Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • What to stick in your tax disc holder now
  • john_drummer
    Free Member

Mine runs out at end of Dec. I won’t bother removing it until then.
    after that, my local council requires a permit to use the household waste site. Said permit, currently sitting loose on the dashboard, is exactly the same size as a tax disc…

joshvegas
    Free Member

Oh… Tax DISC

samuri
    Free Member

roadcc should really get on making their stickers into the right shape. But in the meantime, same as Graham…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/ptyLws]2014-09-24 16.31.59[/url] by Jon Wyatt, on Flickr

iainc

so who’s removed their tax disc then ? I took them off both our cars last night, no real reason, really just to see if anyone else did ! A quick scan out office window suggests I am the single minority 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

I noted down when they expire, didn’t take them out though but will do that later today I reckon.

GrahamS

roadcc should really get on making their stickers into the right shape.

Feel free to Like/Comment on my post in their Timeline so they actually notice it.

Now that Vehicle Tax Discs are on their way out, why don't road.cc offer us an alternative disc to replace it? I'm sure you can think of a suitably humorous message 😀

Posted by Graham Stewart on Tuesday, September 30, 2014

chip
    Free Member

I will be putting the picture of the Virgin Mary that is currently displayed on top of my tax disc in my tax disc holder.

I have had her there for over 10 years on different vehicles since she came with a vehicle I bought from Irish travellers.
    And I have not had a crash or been robbed since she came into my life and I have grown fond of her.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Onzadog
    Free Member

Took mine out. Less stuff in the window, the better but people on the m1 everyday with satnav and mobile phone stuck on the screen inches from their face don’t seem to agree.

core

My windscreen currently looks terrible, with 2no. tax disc holders, one for tax, the other for my work parking permit, so I will just reduce down to one. How very boring.

the-muffin-man

DVLA Website ‘Swamped’…

Why?

Are people panicking (extra 30,000 visitors) because they think their old tax disc is now obsolete and they have to sign up to the new system?

Seems odd there has been a sudden rush.

toby1

DVLA Website ‘Swamped’…

Why?

Many drivers in “not that bright” shocker.

The DVLA removed the need for tax discs, what happened next will shock you!

… sorry, slow day!

WackoAK
    Free Member

I’m putting an image of dear leader as replacement

GrahamS

DVLA Website ‘Swamped’…

Why?

Perhaps many folk were driving about with dodgy tax discs and all this talk of “new” numberplate recognition for checking car tax made them think they better get it sorted?

Or, more likely, people r stupit.

llama

DVLA Website ‘Swamped’…

Why?

or maybe, like me, they just want to renew their road tax because it ran out at the end of last month and only just remembered?

franksinatra

DVLA Website ‘Swamped’…

Why?

Perhaps all of the people who need to renew today and would usually renew by going into a Post Office are now going on-line

midlifecrashes

acehtn
    Free Member

Years ago Streetfighters mag did a spoof tax disc with “tax in the pub” scrawled over it. Might still have it somewhere as i think it was illegal to display it 🙂

Did mine on sunday, used the new beta system on the dvla website, no dramas, will print off the receipt email though and leave that in the car as a reminder.

andermt
    Free Member

the-muffin-man – Member
    DVLA Website ‘Swamped’…

Why?

Are people panicking (extra 30,000 visitors) because they think their old tax disc is now obsolete and they have to sign up to the new system?

Seems odd there has been a sudden rush.

Probably because everyone thought that as they no longer need to wait for a disc to be delivered they may as well hold onto their cash until the last minute before paying the DVLA for the next year/6months.

I did mine last week with no dramas.

binners

I’m presuming as this is middleclasstrackworld.com everyones windscreen is already sporting one*…..

* Yes… mine is. Thats how rock’n’roll my life is nowadays 😳

colin9

A selection of Beano cartoon inspired replacements drawn by a friend of mine here:
    https://www.facebook.com/cartoonfun
    Free to download…

iain1775
    Free Member

A slice of this –

Perfect size
    Handy snack on long journeys
    A smiley face to diffuse road rage incidents
    Might trick those car share lane camera things into thinking I have a passenger
    And only 29p

CountZero

I was out in the car today and I forgot the tax disc thing, so mine’s still there. I’ll take it out tomorrow, I don’t have to worry until December, and then I’ll be able to take advantage of monthly D/D, meaning I’ll never have to bother about it ever again!

Northwind

Inspired by the tory party conference, a picture of my cock.

JulianA
    Free Member

Or the National Trust sticker

slowoldgit
    Free Member

I have a ‘YES’ sticker of about that size: must try it.

righog
    Free Member

Colin ask your mate to do a fat bloke falling off n Orange Five and it ill be in my tax disk holder for years to come.

aracer
    Free Member

Cougar

That would be even better if they hadn’t got the year of abolishment wrong.

neilthewheel

I have taken my tax disc out of my car and stuck it on my tent. I will be leaving it there until March…

It’s my winter of disc on tent.

bikebouy
    Free Member

neil the wheel – Member
    I have taken my tax disc out of my car and stuck it on my tent. I will be leaving it there until March…

It’s my winter of disc on tent.

Good effort.. 😕

Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘What to stick in your tax disc holder now’ is closed to new replies.