Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • what to see between Edinburgh and Herts
  • petrieboy

driving from Edinburgh to Herts tomorrow. usualy do quick service station stops but having the hound in tow now looking for somewhere to go for a nice easy walk somewhere along the way. will be on A1 so ideally somewhere within easy reach but flexible really.
    what you got??

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

a1? M6 is quicker surely?

petrieboy

nah, M6 is a good bit further. Assuming you dont hit newcastle at the wrong time then traffic is seldom an issue so its a pretty reliable journey on the A1 too.

kevonakona
    Free Member

Skip off after Newcastle and go the A68. Keilder for the hound.

jedi

herts shore ?

🙂
    wierd as im in edinburgh

petrieboy

Jedi – not sure the mutt has the legs for it!!

TooTall
    Free Member

Don't go around Newcastle – use the Tyne Tunnel.

Rutland Water is a couple of miles off the A1 – bike shop and dog walk combined?

Morkery Wood is north of there and just off the A1 – a WWII bomb dump – lovely and strange.

konabunny
    Free Member

I always stop for coffee/lunch at the Bistro on the High St in Wetherby. Park on Market Place, walk over. It's right on the A1(M) and about halfway.

petrieboy

First stop was the Market town of Richmond in Yorkshire. Very nice it was too. Will need another stop in the next couple of hours – any thoughts STW hive mind??

konabunny
    Free Member

Oh, I thought Richmond was a horrible dump when I stopped there! I must have chosen the wrong caff.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘what to see between Edinburgh and Herts’ is closed to new replies.