Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • What to see and do in Denver
  • T1000
    Free Member

I’ve 1/2 a day in Denver suggestions please?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Do you look like a commie?

km79
    Free Member

Boat drinks?

thepurist

It’s the Mile High City…

twicewithchips
    Free Member

Are you dead?

nickjb
    Free Member

The nature and science museum is very good. REI outdoor store is great. You can sit outside at the coffee shop and watch canoeists in the white water too (weather permitting, it’ll be a bit cold at the moment)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It’s the Mile High City…

Doesn’t count.

dantsw13

It’s only 90 min drive to the resorts in the rockies.

Nipper99
    Free Member

Get out ….

jambalaya
    Free Member

I think @nick wins.

I have been a few times for business (arranged for the winter) and never found anything appealing, it was always about the meeting and then a dash to the mountains for a few days holiday/skiing.

There must be a Bronco’s museum / hall of fame if you have any interest in American Football.

Spin
    Free Member

The nature and science museum is very good.

2nd that.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nipper, see above.

🙂

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

State capitol is a nice building, I’ve always fancied going to the mint but keep forgetting to book before i go.

Oh and loads of micro brew pubs.

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

+1 for REI and their Starbucks, walk down from the 16th St Mall

T1000
    Free Member

Thanks for the tips, I’ve a couple of days of meetings and 1/2 a day free

for the following few trips I should be able to add a few days on the slopes or on the trails

Pigface
    Free Member

Voodoo Donuts on Colfax. Downtown Denver is a bit lifeless but Colfax Avenue is ok for a mooch about, if you like records then Twist and Shout is an amazing place.

Oh it could be really cold, really really cold.

burko73

Get up to beaver creek for the obligatory photo at the liquor store or hairdresser…

Superficial
    Free Member

I went in summer, was pleasantly surprised at how it felt like a very relaxed, vibrant, cultured city. Not what I was expecting at all. Being an oaf, I eschewed the culture, hired a mustang and took it drifting at the beautiful Pike’s Peak 8)

Nipper99
    Free Member

Flashy, missed that…

She pulled out all she had and laid it on the counter showin’

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

🙂

blueflamespecial
    Free Member

twicewithchips – Member
    Are you dead?

Buckwheats! 😯

deadkenny
    Free Member

Marvel at the airport

footflaps

Does the airport still have those weird transportation pods on the back of trucks which move you about?

You could visit the Coors brewery, used for the start of the Hell of the West race in American Flyers….

metalheart
    Free Member

How far is Boulder from Denver again?

I like Boulder.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Does the airport still have those weird transportation pods on the back of trucks which move you about?

Thought only Dulles had those.

dragon
    Free Member

How far is Boulder from Denver again?

About an hour or so on the bus, which you can get from Denver bus station. But while Boulder is cool for the surrounding outdoor scenery and activities, the main street is pretty dull IMO. The Tibetan tea house is good, and the farmers market. A visit to NCAR just outside Boulder is also pretty good, but I think you’d need to have access to a car.

footflaps

Thought only Dulles had those.

You could be right, not been there for years, although looks like work is sending me there week after next….

mrblobby
    Free Member
    maccyb
    Free Member

Another vote for leaving the city… though I would say head up to Golden (quite a nice town) and then up Lookout Mountain for some cracking views – it was good enough for Buffalo Bill – so good in fact that he insisted on being laid to rest there, and they made an interesting museum there too, about him and the Wild West.

We stayed in an old (early 20th century) cabin up on Lookout Mountain for a month in the summer – was lovely – the area is now full of “log cabins” built by & for the Denver wealthy i.e. multi-storey glass-balcony efforts… I’d live there too if I made my money in Denver itself.

ampthill

I’d go to Boulder, based on 3 months therwe in the 1990s

metalheart
    Free Member

Re Boulder.:

I recall Pearl Street being nice, there being heaps of bike shops all over the place and a commercial area with outdoor outlets (Patagonia, REI, TNF, etc).

There was a micro brewery pub/restaurant I remember being worth a second visit.

That was back in 2008 mind….

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘What to see and do in Denver’ is closed to new replies.