Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What to replace original Shimano SLX M675 pads with?
  • ctrl
    Free Member

Hi all

So this might be a real stupid question but for the love of all mighty I have no idea where to find replacement pads for my bike. Been out of riding for a few years and recently picked up a new one and now it’s time to get new pads but can’t seem to find any that fit. Tried Uber and Superstar but not sure if any on there would fit.

The bike is a 2015 model (if that even makes any difference). It’s running Shimano SLX M675 brakes and these are the pads that came on it:

The only ones I can see that look fairly similar are the Shimano BR-M985 F03C Ice-Tec Disc Brake Pad with Cooling Fins.

Do I really have to fork out nearly £18 for one set of pads? Please tell me there’s a cheaper option 😀

Thanks for any advice.

robbie
    Free Member

Superstar do them. as do lots of others just they don’t come with fins. I replaced mine with superstar ones

matther01
    Free Member

Superstar or Uberbike…both miles cheaper. You don’t need the fins

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    fr0sty125
    Free Member

Unless you are doing some riding in the alps then you dont need fins but if you are you should probably be more worried about your rotors if they are the ice tech ones. Sintered for winter organic for summer for me. I tied a few brands probably superstar are the best for me.

climbingkev
    Free Member

Superstar Kevlar, 4 sets for £25 last time I got some. Very impressed too!

MartynS

Uberbike sintered. m666 are the ones. £23 for 4 pairs. You don’t need the finned pads.
    I’ve bought a fair bit from uberbike, quick delivery and great products. Well worth it!

ctrl
    Free Member

Cheers all, just assumed the fins were part of the design and had to replace with similar. Great stuff 😀

goodgrief
    Free Member

I get shimano metallic xt/xtr pads with no fins, think they are g03. The resin pads are poor.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/shimano-slx-m666-675-xt-m785-disc-pads/rp-prod92721

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What to replace original Shimano SLX M675 pads with?’ is closed to new replies.