Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What to replace my half fat stooge with…..or adaptions
  • vondally
    Free Member

So whilst really loving my half fat stooge, I am getting g a lot of knee pain and hamstring issues after rides longer than three hours, I think that with a straight inline post my knee is in the wrong position.

So do I try a different post with a lay back ordo I change to another frame, model with the ride quality of the stooge ( slightly crazed madness, with grin inducing quality) if so what is out there?

AlasdairMc

First option – try putting in a half link and then moving the BB back a bit. That might help to begin with.

I got knee pain on mine and I think it’s a combination of an oval chainring making the rotation uneven, and an Alpkit Stem Cell, which makes me rotate my knee out the way to avoid it.

Half fat does look nice on it though 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

Cheaper to try a different post. This is the trouble with “one size fits all” frames though

vondally
    Free Member

I will look at moving bb and a layback post, most I have seen used have been Thomson.

I agree with one size fits all but it s a phenomenal ride, just out of interest and wonderment any real alternatives out there?

bonesetter
    Free Member

This 🙂

vondally
    Free Member

Guessing that is a Jones…???

bonesetter
    Free Member

It is – comes in different sizes too

Stooge is brilliant, especially when you consider cost. The Jones trumps it though on a number on levels. Fork integration is the biggest factor (which would add upwards of £400 to the Stooge tbf

vondally
    Free Member

Had a look at the Jones …not sure of the short top tube…???

Any alternatives?

firestarter
    Free Member

I’m debating selling this almost new and a few upgraded bits. Currently selling at 800 new in Evans and upgrades cost about 200 all In.
    It’s got a radr cage, sunrace 11-42 cassette, onza buzzsaw narrow wide 32t, hope seat clamp, Thomson post and tyres are now tubeless.

Great comfy fun bike but I’ve just got a Jones and figure this isn’t gonna get used really now. Shame as it’s only 2 months old and like new 🙁

It has an ebb and is also designed to take 29er wheels. I also happen to have a set of stans flow 29er wheels that are brand new

postierich
    Free Member

Try putting some state of the art gears on it 🙂

bonesetter
    Free Member

Short TT you say. The one above has (ETT) 25″

1 1/2″ longer than Stooge. There is also a 24 & 23″

vondally
    Free Member

Bonesetter interesting as the blurb from Jones says short top tube,

Postierich…have you got a ti stooge???

My other issue is I have a Ritchey p 29 unbuilt as I am enjoying the stooge so much…..

Jesus I am really turning into a stw forumite….

postierich
    Free Member

On order 27.5 plus with Travers new carbon fork 🙂

vondally
    Free Member

Ohhhh nice …any alterations to the frame or standard?

postierich
    Free Member

142 rear end with bolt thru

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What to replace my half fat stooge with…..or adaptions’ is closed to new replies.