Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What to replace an old Rab jacket with.
  • andy8442
    Free Member

I’m looking to replace an old Rab Extreme jacket. It’s over 10 years old (made in Sheffield label inside!) and was made of much tougher material than anything on the market now. It is my everyday jacket for work in the winter and needs to be warm but able to withstand lots of hammer which the old one has until recently.

All suggestions welcome pls.. Budget up to £200.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Ventile? (You don’t mention rain).

chrisdw
    Free Member

I have a rab baltoro guide I got for a bargain because of a frayed zip. Stitched it back up and its still going strong . 5 years I have had it now.

ElShalimo

Montane Extreme Smock or Jacket
    Montane Resolute if it’s Scandanavian winter

andy8442
    Free Member

I tried the Montane jackets yesterday . They would have been perfect but the strange fleece lining was badly made and made them quite uncomfortable to wear.

I have a Rab Baltura, it’s my extremely cold weather jacket, way too warm for general wear..

duckman

Replace it with a new Rab jacket,I replaced my latok alpine with the stretch neo from tower ridge direct in Perth for £219,which was nice..

ElShalimo

If the Montane ones don’t suit try Buffalo. The pile liner is thinner but the jacket cut is less fitted. Any decent climbing or army surplus store should stock them

Dales_rider
    Free Member

I have a cycling jacket thats extremely warm, in fact too warm for cycling. It gets used for working outdoors. It was made by Lusso and is no longer made.
    So no help there 🙂
    However it was very similiar to the garments made by Buffalo and more practical than a down product for working outdoors, that is unless you are a mountain guide.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What to replace an old Rab jacket with.’ is closed to new replies.