Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What to keep? Force or Ultegra
  • Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

Just picked up my new cross bike and it’s got shiny Ultegra 6700 on it. I was planning on taking it off and putting my old force groupset on, but now I’m not so sure. I’m not fussed either way with the shifting, so is there any difference in longevity or durability between the two? The force is 2010 stuff and still going well.

I justified the purchase on the fact I could sell the Ultegra stuff, but I’m being swayed by its shiny grey looks!

RickyRah
    Free Member

I think they’re both good so it’s down to personal preference. I don’t see the point in having nice stuff on a CX bike so personally, I’d use the old force groupset and keep the Ultegra groupo for the next road bike build?

atlaz
    Free Member

Keep the shiny stuff. You’ll only wish you had when you look at the beautiful new bike with functional but not so shiny stuff bolted on it.

m1kea
    Free Member

If you’re happy with the shifting I’d say save yourself the strip down time (unless you like bike tinkering).

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

I would stick with the Force personally.

I have Ultegra on road and Sram on cx bike and think the double tap is better suited to cross and more intuitive.

globalti
    Free Member

I’m finding the new Ultegra shifters on my roadie quite clunky and stiff. Anybody esle?

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

I have Ultegra on road and Sram on cx bike and think the double tap is better suited to cross and more intuitive.

This is what I have at the moment, but was thinking it would be nice to have Ultegra on both bikes. Then again, the Sram shifting is more ‘clunky’ and perhaps it would be better when I can’t feel my fingers.

I’m not too worried about how pretty it looks, after all it wont be staying pretty for very long no matter what I choose!

eshershore
    Free Member

@globalti

poor setup?

anything from 105 upwards when setup properly with good cabling should be butter smooth..

..however, some frames with poor cable routing will ruin any attempts at a good setup

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What to keep? Force or Ultegra’ is closed to new replies.