• This topic has 108 replies, 53 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by hora.
Viewing 29 posts - 81 through 109 (of 109 total)
  • What to get the girlfriend as she's going to uni?
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Has anyone come out with the "laptop bag….surprise-stuffed with condoms"?

Bushwacked
    Free Member

How about a video camera – so she can send you the occasional video diary about how much she is missing you…

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

One of my mates made it, he was a fully signed up Christian though and they'd never bumped uglies as they were waiting for marriage. didn't stop them having phone 'non marital relations' which he'd describe at length. 😯

they are still married 10 years later.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

In the interest of balance, I met my wife when she was 18 and I was 27. She went away to university soon after and we stayed together throughout. I never had any real reason to believe she played away during that time and we have now been together 15 years, married for three and have two beautiful babies.

🙂

hora
    Free Member

MF, what uni was it? Actually dont answer that!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

😉

allyharp

Can I be the first to ask where she's going and what she's doing?

fisha
    Free Member

The first thing that popped into my mind on reading the OP was

" a big dildo "

but I think the webcam idead is best. 🙂

To be fair though, I first met and starting going out with my now wife at 17, and 6 weeks later buggered off to Manchester for 3 years at Uni. ( I live near Glasgow ). Whilst I had the chances to get 'yer hole' as some may say, I never took it. I preferred the chase knowing that what I had back home was not worth risking for the sake of a drunk slapper and to get ma end away. Got called a tease in the end. 😉

Been together 13 years now and married 6 of them and quite happy. So it can be done.

( but tbh, i think i'm an exception to the rule. )

JEngledow
    Free Member

A friend of mine stayed with his girlfriend throughout uni and they're now married, although they did speak on the phone at 6pm every day, regardless of where he was or what he was doing.

When I went to uni I split up with my girlfriend but kept in touch as we had several mutual friends at home, then one day after uni I was on a drunken tour of the country (visiting as many random people as I could, while trying to put off getting a proper job) and ended up getting together with the ex, 5years later, we're now married.

These two stories do seem to be the exception rather than the norms so don’t hold your breath!

BlingBling
    Free Member

MF if you dont ask her she wont have to lie to you 😉

hora
    Free Member

Just a note for balance. Girls arent the fairer sex. We don't 'understand' them as they are really just like us. Some are good, some are bad and in general girls are more subtle (i.e. dont boast).

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

When I first went to uni I was with a lass from back home. We lasted 2 years. Break up was all my doing. I then got together with another girl from uni and promptly fecked off to do my year in industry, a good 4 hour train ride away. We've been together 6 years now. Of those 6 years we have spent 4 living in different cities and seeing each other on weekends, me doing a phd and her doing a clinical doctorate – so still at uni.

Finally, in about three weeks we'll be living together for the first time. Hope we get along alright living together…

My advice, give her space when she wants it. If she doesn't want to see you on a weekend (or whatever your arrangements are) it's not because she's booked in with the first XV, it's probably because she just wants time with her new uni mates. This WILL happen during the first few months of her being at uni as she gets to know people.

In all seriousness, get her something practical and useful that she'll use everyday and that'll remind her of you and how thoughtful you were to buy it. Be it notebooks, a camera or a honking great dildo…just make sure she knows who it's from.

Apologies for lack of crassness.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

MF if you dont ask her she wont have to lie to you

I did ask, constantly, in my younger and less confident days. But fortunately for us both, I grew out of that silly phase, otherwise I am sure we would no longer be together.

chakaping
    Free Member

Having read (and enjoyed) most of this thread, I think you'd better just go with her.

turboferret

For the record, I met my girlfriend when I was 24, and she was 18. She went off to Uni a few months after we met, and then to make life even more difficult, I started working abroad.

That was 6 years ago, we've been married for 2 🙂

Cheers, Rich

JCornford

She's studying fashion.

JCornford

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

She's studying fashion.

Safe as houses from the guys on her course then…

theotherjonv

PMSL

hora
    Free Member

I need to stop being negative 🙂

My GF did a Fashion (noddy) degree. Kinda in two camps. You might be alright as all the girls on her course were dizzy/into bloody shopping and hanging out with men who had coloured/styled hair.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

EVERYONE knows that if you wanna get something other than the run of the mill student bird action you hit the music/arts/fashion dept.

mrsflash
    Free Member

Lets put the op's mind at rest with your stories of how you or people you know made it through unscathed…

We met at uni, but 2 years later GF changed unis and so we spent the next 3 years with me living in Edinburgh and him in Lancaster. Been together 16 years and married for 8.

hora
    Free Member

Saying that, I remember all the fashion student girls as being distinctive looking- i.e **** ugly and trying to be a model or were actually ok and stood out abit.

It is a goodtime to find out now though either way. If its meant to be you will together forever 🙂

JCornford

I take it you are refering to me with "op's", but what does that mean?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

but 2 years later GF changed unis

Something you aren't telling us MrsFlash?

😉

clubber
    Free Member

OP = original poster eg you 🙂

JCornford

Ahhh, thanks for that, now I get it, I'm not so good on forum slang etc.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Do you want to know what 'eg' means too?

😉

hora
    Free Member

What to get the girlfriend as she's going to uni

Female circumcision.

Viewing 29 posts - 81 through 109 (of 109 total)

The topic ‘What to get the girlfriend as she's going to uni?’ is closed to new replies.