Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What to expect at Guisborough Woods?
  • muddy247
    Free Member

First visit to Guisborough Woods tommorow- what are the trails like?
    Just rebuilt my Orange Blood and looking forward to blasting around some singletrack

muddy247
    Free Member

…. Lots of trees is the obvious answer before anyone beats me to it!

enduroforever
    Free Member

Do you not fancy Scotland mate?

iain1775
    Free Member

Almost complete lack of signage from what I remember
    And a big fire road climb to get to the start
    After that some twisty rooty trails, was about 5 years since I was last there though, despite my brother living in Guisborough

daveh
    Free Member

Lots of roots, I hope its dry! A good range of interesting stuff in there though.

muddy247
    Free Member

enduroforever- I’d love to get back on Scottish soil but limited for time!

northernmatt

My main memory of last time I was there was mud, and lots of it. Oh, and as mentioned, no signs.

legolam
    Free Member

Mud. Roots. Steep and twisty trails. Just go exploring – the official red route is a fireroad climb then short singletrack descent but doesn’t quite do the place justice.

muddy247
    Free Member

Going with friends who have been before- have heard the off piste stuff is better than the red trail

devash
    Free Member

There’s some signs up for the red route now so start at Pinchinthorpe car park (the visitor’s center) and follow them.

Les’s trails (coming off from the top of the moors) are good fun but short. There’s a lot of good cheeky trails to discover but they’re hard to describe how to find and unless you know a local you might struggle.

A few of the good cheeky ones have been disturbed by logging (anyone remember The Chute?) but there’s still enough to make a good day of it. If epic XC stuff is more your thing then it doesn’t get much better than the moors.

It’s a shame I’m not at home this weekend as I would have been able to show you around.

bobmck
    Free Member

The red route doesn’t do the place justice.

Guisborough is full of steep, rocky, natural, fun cheeky trails, have a good look on Strava before you go.

If you get lost, head down and left and you’ll end up back at your car 😀

muddy247
    Free Member

Thanks for responses, will have a look at strava routes

T666DOM

There’s plenty of good singletrack but it’s mostly not marked, strava will show you the good stuff or try mtbguisborough.

The chute is good as is stripes. You can have a good blast around roseberry topping through bluebell wood towards Ayton but you’ll be dodging the red stock brigade.

As an aside I’ve workwith Les who originally designed les’ s way back in the day when Steve Peat wad in short trousers! !

muddy247
    Free Member

Had a blast today- was boggy in a couple of places but as a whole it rode well. Some really cheeky off camber rooty sections got the adrenalin going.
    Great feeling to be back on the full sus after 6 months on a hardtail!

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Where did you go m247

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What to expect at Guisborough Woods?’ is closed to new replies.