Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • What to eat on a solo 24 hr?
  • MrSparkle

I have done one before but it was back in the mists of time. I seem to remember eating stuff like rice pudding, jaffa cakes and macaroni cheese. What else can I tell the Missus to get me from Asda?

charliedontsurf

Steak and stilton pies, washed down with Double Chocolate Stout… most of the food groups are covered there.

Top it up with wee free samples from the power bar trade stand.

I got a gold at a cheddar enduro on that race diet (beating geared guys too I may add)

nicks
    Free Member

pasta pots from tesco
    Malt loaf
    bananas
    mule bars
    haribo
    fruit cake
    flap jack

i had a weird urge for a pre made sandwhich a few years ok…

iamconfusedagain
    Free Member

Dates and wine gums served me well at the Bikefest, dates have an awful lot of calories and even a bit of protein too. You will prob want a big poo afterwards though. That was only 12 hours i guess I would want a bit of real food during 24 maybe pasta??

MrSparkle

Thanks for that Charlie, I will pass that on.
    PS Spoke to you @ SSUK. I must get in contact about cadging those chain links off you!

MrSparkle

Dates? Yikes, they’d make me ride a bit faster… ;0)

twinklydave

whatever you buy won’t be what you suddenly find yourself craving at 3am, but go for easily digestable, not too strongly flavoured things (your rice pudding, macaroni cheese etc were spot on).

If you’ve got someone cooking for you, omlettes can be good…though the best food i’ve ever had at a 24hr race was a congealed cheeseburger at SITS in the middle of the night last year 🙂

(obviously ‘proper’ energy bars/gels are bestest, should ASDA stock them…)

Jerome
    Free Member

Load of plain pasta works for me.
    Fig rolls.
    Loads of hariboes.
    Apple tunrovers.

charliedontsurf

Mr Sparke: no worries, email me and I will sort it out… you know where to find me.
    Cheers
    C

MrSparkle

Sadly I will be flying completely solo at Mayhem so no sous chef for me! Mmm, congealed cheeseburger, now that does sound good! But, yes, fairly bland, easily digestible stuff seems to be the best option. Might be daring and get some custard creams too.

MrSparkle

Charlie – thanks fella. Nice one.

trio25
    Free Member

If you fancy something hot made I have a pit bunny with me and I could lend her out for a fee 😉

epicyclo

Jam sandwiches – loads of jam.

crazy-legs

Don’t try surviving solely on energy stuff, it’ll play havoc with your insides! Anything quick and easy to grab, try and get a hot meal at some point but otherwise eat what you want, when you want. Little and often is the key.

I like easy-to-eat bits of fruit like grapes and cut-up apples, it freshens up your mouth and removes the horrible aftertaste of sugary drinks. a big bag of mixed nuts/dried fruit is good for energy. Honey, jam or peanut butter sandwiches work well too.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Breakfast cereal

oxym0r0n

A tip I was given last year was that this is the one time it’s good to go shopping feeling hungry. Buy whatever you feel like eating and is going to be easy to prepare. Something you can look forward to…

I loved my can of “all day breakfast” at 7:00am doing Twentyfour12 solo last year (strange I know), honey roasted cashews/peanuts also do it for me, smoothy for something fresh, instant porridge…

Stock up on as much carbs as possible for the rest of this week too!

trail_rat
    Free Member

crunchy burgers from the catering at sleepy oclock are great

Raw pop tarts are good actually , easy to digest and an everlasting memory for postierich “can you get ill from eating raw pop tarts” as i feably stuff one in my mouth in 2 bites and reach for another !

Haribo

Apples

Bananas

Torq powder (snorted or injected preferably*)

Supernoodles (preferably eaten from twinkly dave` pit bitches jumper)

Cannot remember what else i ate but there was a fair bit of it eaten !

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘What to eat on a solo 24 hr?’ is closed to new replies.