Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What to do with this ….. Solitude Cycles frame and forks
  • letmetalktomark

A while back, off of this forum, I bought the frame and forks below.

Frame is a nicely (hand)made fillet brazed Zona steel frame with what I suspect is an Orange F7 fork.

The frame was made in 2005 by Solitude Cycles and is designed for 2.4” rubber on 26” wheels.

The frame has so much clearance that a 29er 2.4” Ardent on a Flow rim fits with ease in the rear!

I bought the frame out of a love for all this steel 😳 but have struggled to find a use.

Its currently got some 700c cross wheels and drop bars fitted.

So what do I do with it? I did think 26” plus …. or 26” tourer …. or keep it as it is with as a x bike

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Keep it as a tourer? Maybe get some more useful braze-ons done on the fork too?

rhayter

Sounds like you’ve got yourself a bullet-proof roadGnar adventure gravel tourer there. That’s pretty awesome isn’t it?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Off road tourer. Needs a classic Overburys era paint job to finish it off.

trail_rat
    Free Member

is that toms old one ?

letmetalktomark

I think it might have come from Tom.

Hmm, fat tyred tourer …..

zinaru
    Free Member

i know the question s what the op should do… but id build it up as a sweet wee single speed with wide bars and big rubber…

john_l
    Free Member

Whatever happened to Alex?

kimi
    Free Member

^ just what i was thinking

Retrodirect
    Free Member

Get some custom dropouts machined so that you can run a set of 29er wheels without raising the bb. And a shorter set of forks to match.

How tall are you? it looks fairly large.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What to do with this ….. Solitude Cycles frame and forks’ is closed to new replies.