Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What to do with this?
  • 40mpg

I’m really in a quandary what to do with this. It sits at the back of the garage and hasnt been ridden in ages. Occasionally i’ll fettle with it, make it singlespeed, or rigid, or add various numbers of gears, but still not ride it. I’ve got a fatbike and a full susser which cover all my other needs.

Seems a waste of a nice bike. Some cash would be handy if I sold it to splash on some blutos, or I was even wondering if I could stick some 700c wheels in it, drop bars and turn it into a monster crosser (or would that just be stupid?).

Any other ideas rather than just keeping it for posterity? What would you do?

[url=https://flic.kr/p/upyMmm]IMG_20150607_172857264[/url] by Allan, on Flickr

Edit – its all very unfashionable with 26″ wheels and 100mm travel, so clearly unrideable on any modern trail 😉

onandon
    Free Member

Keep the bits you may use again, stem, post, bars etc and sell the frame , forks and wheels for as much as you can.
    I shifted an old alloy frame for 70 on eBay pre Christmas.

finbar
    Free Member

What is it – a tinbred?

matt_outandabout

Donate it to the ever growing in height OAB_household of lads…

40mpg

Keep the bits you may use again

Trouble is none of them really fit with my other bikes – bars too narrow, stem too long etc. Wheels wrong size for most now.

What is it – a tinbred?

Yes

Donate it to the ever growing in height OAB_household of lads…

If you want to collect, Matt – I’m on the south coast 😉

richardthird

Interested. On south coast also 🙂

onandon
    Free Member

If you won’t use the bits just sell the bike on eBay. Plenty of people would be happy with it if the price was right.
    I think it’s only forms where people give a poo about wheel size and 1x whatever drive trains.

matt_outandabout

If you want to collect, Matt – I’m on the south coast

I am in Southampton and Winchester in a fortnight 8)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What to do with this?’ is closed to new replies.