Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What to do with parents on a wet weekend in Manchester?
  • ebennett

Parents are visiting this weekend and of course, after a month of nice weekends, it’s forecast to piss down. Original plan was to go for a wander round Ladybower then have lunch at the inn – might still work depending on the forecast tomorrow, but if it doesn’t then I’m struggling for ideas!

We’ve done all the touristy things in Manchester before (MOSI, etc) so looking for something else – was thinking maybe driving up to Hebden Bridge for tea and cake? Anyone got any other suggestions?

BillMC

The central art gallery is always worth a visit for its excellent pre-Raphaelite collection. The re-opened Whitworth Gallery is pretty good too (not bad food either).

perchypanther
    Free Member

Trafford Centre for some new trainers and a pair of trackies?

ebennett

Trafford Centre for some new trainers and a pair of trackies?

Would rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty screwdriver than visit the Trafford Centre on a Saturday!

binners

Its the 1940s weekend in Ramsbottom this weekend. Have a trip on the steam train from Bury Then have a gander around at all the things going on. Theres loads of stuff on. We normally get a Spitfire flypast at some point. There was a Spitfire/ME109 dogfight over town last year. The place is full of tanks, and nazi officers. Its bonkers! But in a good way! 😀

beefheart
    Free Member

Coke and hookers.

nbt

The 40s weekend is a good call. If they like gardening then this might help

http://www.melloropengardens.org.uk

Edit, the pub in Mill Brow had a very good reputation for food too…

ebennett

40s weekend sounds a good shout, they’d probably like that kind of thing. The coke and hookers will be for me to decompress after they’ve gone…

ebennett

Note to self – always check the actual dates on the website before turning up at Bury station and confusing the hell out of the ticket man. Turns out the 40s weekend is next weekend!

Have had the piss taken mercilessly by the gf and the parents all day…

jekkyl

lol clearly binners’ fault.

ebennett

Doesn’t go down so well when you try and explain “it’s not my fault, some bloke on the Internet told me it was this weekend” 😆

binners

Oops! Sorry! 😳

Did you not go on the steam train anyway? Loads of nice places for lunch in Rammy. The weather is truly grim though!

Sorry!

ebennett

🙂 I should have checked, the entertainment value for my gf was probably worth it though – not often she gets to rub my nose in it!

Went to Rammy for lunch anyway, very nice eggs bunny!

ebennett

Eggs benedict. Bloody autocorrect.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What to do with parents on a wet weekend in Manchester?’ is closed to new replies.