Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • What to do with my day off tommorrow? Gisburn / Dales / Llandegla
  • el_diablo
    Free Member

Day off tommorrow! I've got a couple of errands to run first then I'm free all day.
    Gisburn – 30 mins away but I've been loads lately and it's a bit muddy

Dales – 1hr with loads to choose from and could probably avoid the worst of the mud

Lllandegla – 1hr 30 away, not seen the new stuff yet, not sure on trail conditions

Any thoughts, to help me decide?

bomberman
    Free Member

llandegla is very wet at the moment but not particularly muddy. just a couple of muddy patches. Trail condition i would say 9/10

tops5
    Free Member

I reckon Gisburn will be worse!

lowey

Grizedale in the Lakes. Rocks dont get muddy 🙂

Jenga
    Free Member

Gisburn was OK on Saturday, apart from the big berms, which were a slutch bath.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Calderdale must be pretty close then – choose that any day of the week over Llandegla unless you're taking the BMX?

el_diablo
    Free Member

Yeah, Hebden B's about an hour away. I'm not too sure on many routes round there though. I could always spend all day dropping down from Pecket Well and back up again!

grumm
    Free Member

I'd go to Grizedale too.

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

Stainburn for something a bit different and to hone some technical skills / get p1shed off with the "unrideability" of it all*

*insert whichever fits your experience 😉

el_diablo
    Free Member

I like Stainburn, but I'd never go on my own in case I break myself!
    Hadn't thought about Grizedale, it always seems so far away, but it's not really.

Wozza
    Free Member

I did Grizedale/Parkamoor on Sunday, it's fine but a bit "rivery" in places!

yetiguy
    Free Member

Whinlater gets my vote

el_diablo
    Free Member

Well, I went to Llandegla, I took the hardtail for a change.
    It's not as good as I remeber and the trail is totally wrecked in a lot places. Maybe the howling wind spoilt it a little, but the first proper singletrack (after the jumps and tabletop), where all the trees have now been felled just didn't flow like it used too?!

I spent an hour or so in the skills park practicing jumps. I'm not entirely sure what the pump track is all about, it seems to be made out of very loose gravel and will soon be flattened off I would think.

I think they'd be better off sorting out what they've already got rather than spendong a fortune on new trails.

One good point, when the bike wash has finished with water, it blows fairly low pressure air, which I used to dry my chain and mech off!

mrh86

I'm looking for somewhere to go tomorrow as well. Do people think that grizedale is the best place to head to in the lakes then? Any one got any gpx files for suggested routes?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I know its a commercial forest but that bit thats been chopped was awesome when it was all wooded. Can't even imagine it all exposed!

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

I know its a commercial forest but that bit thats been chopped was awesome when it was all wooded. Can't even imagine it all exposed!

That has suffered with the recent rain but is way, way, way faster in the dry now it is cleared. Different.

Am taking a roadie for his first MTB experience there this morning 😉

Paul

spanishbarry
    Free Member

Forget Llandegla , try Penmachno the trails there are great

surfer
    Free Member

Any one got any gpx files for suggested routes?

+1. Never ridden there would love some routes/tips??

grumm
    Free Member

This is a really good one imo – http://www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=19624

There's loads on the Bogtrotters site. It's great round there – virtually all the bridleways are great – really rocky but generally not too steep.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I might head across to Penmachno next Saturday – its nearly all rocky isn't it so should be pretty clean no matter what the weather is doing!

grumm
    Free Member

I went to Penmachno last year when it was pretty damn wet and it wasn't a problem – lots of puddles but I don't remember any mud really.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘What to do with my day off tommorrow? Gisburn / Dales / Llandegla’ is closed to new replies.