Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What to do with my car…
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Got an 05 touran 2.0 tdi sport with DSG, done 87k, always well looked after mechanically, the inside is ok but the outside has a few bumps and scrapes. maybe looking to get something a little newer but I don’t want to even try and trade it in as the salesperson would undoubtedly use it as an excuse to fleece me even further.

Are there many people out there who’d be prepared to look past the cosmetics when buying a (my) car..?

I always imagined I’d just keep it forever but the wife has just got a new job which will not require her to have a car so we have decided to just have one car from now on. Too expensive these days to run two cars and the bike is a better way to travel anyway.

jam-bo

I’ll give you 2k and a my wifes battered old 106.

popstar
    Free Member

Pictures before any further discussions would be helpfull.

Northwind

That’s exactly the sort of car I’d be looking for. Sure I can’t be alone.

morgs
    Free Member

depends on what you mean by

cosmetics

it may be worth getting a local dent / chips & scratches mobile repairer to have a look. While what you spend won’t correlate to increasing the value of the car, it will help in keeping potential buyers interested. The same goes for Alloy wheel refurbs.

It it is major body work, then it’s more tricky. Best I could suggest for that is to find someone who works as a panel beater / sprayer and ask if they want to do a foreigner.

Where are you based? I know a few people in the nortwest?

GW
    Free Member

YGM Loddrik

Northwind

Pics location and price?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What to do with my car…’ is closed to new replies.