Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What to do with magazine back issues
  • mudfish

Hi there,
    I have many years of back issues of Singletrack, Dirt and a few other titles such as Dirt Rag. My Singletrack boxes go to way back when, maybe even the beginning. Dirt and Dirt Rag to long long ago too.
    Do they have any value? or is the modern world all new new new with no desire to reference the old days?

I have groaning shelves of old mags and no idea what comes next ‘;~}
    any (good) ideas
    would they sell- even? Be nice if they went in batches or the lot of a particular title rather than an issue at a time.
    thanks
    happy riding

scotroutes

Physio?

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Give to local doctors surgery’s or dentists for the waiting rooms?

coppice
    Free Member

Maybe try a stealth Advert on a bike forum?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Fashion some sort of ramp with them.

Jump your bike over it and post a video.

It’s what they would have wanted.

richmars

I keep a few old ones, just to make interesting reading in 20 years time. I’ve got some old Personal Computer Worlds from the 80’s which are a fun read on a rainy Sunday afternoon.

Atomizer

I tried to get rid of a full set of MTB Pro a while back but no takers, even for charidee.
    Same problem here, full set of STW and years of Dirt Rag.
    Used to have loads of Bike (US) though I bit the bullet and threw all those away apart from the photo annuals. Like richmars – just to remind myself of the what it was like way back then!

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

DIY Squatty Potty?

http://www.squattypotty.co.uk

(SFW. Very amusing promo video)

davosaurusrex

I’ve just loaded over a decades worth of Dirt, Singletrack and Performance Bikes into the car to be taken to recycling. Seems a shame but we’re having the loft converted and they’ll just go mouldy in the garage

mudfish

Oh well, sad isn’t it.
    there is some great reading especially in old Bike and Singletrack.
    nobody’s loft is big enough for all this stuff tho!

MoreCashThanDash

Throw them under a hedge to “inspire” the next generation?

RustySpanner

Burn them all, not one word of theirs is as valid as your experience.

matt_outandabout

I took a few outdoor mags to our local doctors – they were really appreciative. Seeing as none are left after 6 momths, they are clearly popular…
    I carefully chose a couple and took them to our kids school – they used them for a few reluctant readers. You do have to be careful – even benign cycle mags have some fruity langauge at times, and dont even think about donatking kayak magazines to a school 😯
    I took a near full collection of STW to our junior bike club, apart from a couple of issues I wanted to keep, and told the kids two mags each…they went in about 10 seconds…

bigblackshed

I give mine away for free. An ad in the For Sale section “free to collector” normally passes them on to someone.

I might try a sports physio next time.

metalheart
    Free Member

I usually try and pass them on to a mate once I’ve finished/read them if I can.

Otherwise it’s recycling bound when I can be arsed/have enough to make the trip worthwhile.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What to do with magazine back issues’ is closed to new replies.