Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What to do with an old friend
  • tkirkus
    Free Member

I’ve a Litespeed Lookout Mtn titanium frame which I’ve had for years,was my first proper bike and I love dearly. The problem is I never use it. What should I do? Build it into a bike I would rarely use, give it to a friend or sell it?

Tim

cp

Hang it on the living room wall

mtbfix

If you love it dearly either ride it or stash it. Do not sell it. Bike frames take up nil loft space.

leffeboy

The problem is I never use it

Use it occasionally then. Not all the time but keep it running and take it out. The feel will remind you of where you have been in the past and also of how good stuff is now 🙂

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Sell it to me if its a size medium!! I’m dead serious 🙂 .

Squidlord
    Free Member

Keep it – occasionally grumble about the space it takes up
    Get rid – miss it forever

Your call.

tkirkus
    Free Member

michaelmcc, thanks but it’s a large. I think it’s now a choice between keeping it and giving it to a mate.

fizzicist
    Free Member

Strip it down, clean it up, get it mounted in a picture frame. Quite tempted to do that with my Soul when I kill it.

shifter
    Free Member

I’m tempted by the frame-mounted-on-wall idea – can anyone recommend any nice indoorsy brackets?

epicyclo

Simple. Fix it.

Strip it down to the bare essentials and just use it on special days.

An ENO eccentric rear hub means you wouldn’t have to worry about chain tension.

hummerlicious
    Free Member

I sold a Kona Hei Hei that I’d had for 14 years, in the end I wasn’t using it much. I kick myself on a regular basis about it now. Don’t sell!

tkirkus
    Free Member

I love the ‘frame the frame’ idea. Thanks.

Tim
    Pure Mountains

glupton1976
    Free Member

Build it into a singlespeed – then find that its the best bike you’ve ever had before selling everything else.

sbob
    Free Member

tkirkus – Member

I’ve a Litespeed Lookout Mtn titanium frame which I’ve had for years,was my first proper bike and I love dearly. The problem is I never use it. What should I do? Build it into a bike I would rarely use, give it to a friend or sell it?

Tim

I’d like to be your friend. 😳

Northwind

I’ve still got the bike I bought when I was 16, it’s older than some of my riding buddies… Turned it over to commuting duties, I can’t imagine ever getting rid of it.

Is there anything you can do to it that’ll make you ride it? Rigidise it for a laugh?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What to do with an old friend’ is closed to new replies.