Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • what to do with a New Commencal Supreme DH V3 frame?
  • unklehomered
    Free Member

So i opened my new Meta AM Factory Frameset from CRC and found… a Supreme DH.

CRC have sold out of AMs and on the opening of negotiations seem reluctant to let me keep the meta frame I had bought before they dropped the price even more on the frameset and was intending to return to them, and send them back the Supreme in its place. They seem perfectly happy to let me keep the Supreme though. So I’m weighing up my options, and regretting the fact I have no real need at all for the DH bike, though I would of course love one.

I’m wondering how much I might get for it if CRC insist on rigid adherence to their returns policy (which would, I reluctantly suppose, be fair enough). Would there be risk in the serial number presumably being supposed to be somewhere else, or do we not think they’re that organised? Torn between the urge to do the right thing, let them have their more expensive frame back, in the hopes of being refunded the original meta, or keeping, selling, and possibly being a few quid up and getting the bike I bought…

The thoughts of the STW hive mind would be appreciated.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Congratulations…that is possibly the most bewildering post in the history of t’internet 😀

unklehomered
    Free Member

I promise, it started out as a very simple bike buying plan… that was 7 days ago.

Mister-P
    Free Member

So you are saying you got a Supreme frame for the price of the Meta frame?

unklehomered
    Free Member

Yup. But as part of frame kit, with a bunch of meta bits (fork, reverb etc). Also bough a meta Frame. Sadly I don’t ride DH, do have enough bikes, need to turn one to cash by return or sale. It seems likely it would fetch more than 1K.

Its gonna be getting a bit sily as I’ll be selling the forks on as well.

chakaping
    Free Member

OK, so just to recap… you ordered a frame, fork and bits – and you got a DH frame only instead?

Sold by a private buyer it’d be worth less than the stuff you paid for I’d say.

unklehomered
    Free Member

No. I got the DH frame, and all the meta bits. (for £1570)

I had also already bought and received a meta frame which i was going to send back. (£989)

My front room room looks a Commencal dealership at the moment. 🙂

juan
    Free Member

Just ride it

GW
    Free Member

Are you going to tell the whole story here? Or to CRC?

tracknicko
    Free Member

baffling. sounds like a win though to me.

Lifer
    Free Member

Can you swap the Supreme for an AM with importer?

Then send the Meta back to CRC…

flange
    Free Member

CRC have sold out of AMs and on the opening of negotiations seem reluctant to let me keep the meta frame I had bought before they dropped the price even more on the frameset and was intending to return to them, and send them back the Supreme in its place.

I think its this bit that’s confusing folks, especially the bit in bold.

At the end of the day, as far as new buyer is concerned its a second hand DH frame or at least a frame thats not sold by a shop – which in the DH world counts for a lot. See matey boy in the classifieds who has been trying to shift those Intense frames for ages.

I think in the first instance you need to see if CRC will refund you. It can be the biggest bargin in the the world, but if you don’t ride DH they may as well have sent you a new set of drapes. If you sell it, you’ve got the hassle of selling it plus the fact that you’ll never get near what you want. That said I don’t know how much the frameset goes for so you may still be quids in. Personally I couldn’t be bothered with the hassle and would want my money back.

Lovely frame though, has it come with a shock? I’d be tempted myself if you do decide to sell and I don’t ride DH either

spuddle
    Free Member

I think his plan was to buy a frame set, and a frame, and send the frame from the frame set back as the frame only frame, and try and make some money, since the frame kit own had gone down in price.
    Frame only £1149.99
    Frame kit £989.99
    So he’d be £160 up in the end.
    But his plan backfired when they sent him the wrong frame with the frame kit. and would he get caught because the frame numbers wouldnt match up (if they keep records of such things)

But now wants to know how much would he get for the wrong frame they sent him instead of sending it back.

Probably wrong, but thats how it seems to me!

chakaping
    Free Member

OK so if you can sell the supreme frmae for £1k+ then you’re where you wanted to be in the first place?

Might be worth sticking an advert on pinkbike, rideo.io and here to see if there’s any interest. If not send it back, plenty more fish in the sea.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Sorry I have been confusing haven’t I.

Day 1) Unk decided the framesets are not a bargain for him as he doesn’t want the fork, and so buys just a meta frame which is still a good deal, and the bike is top of his wishlist.

Midnight Day 1) CRC drop the price of the frameset by over £400 rendering now a very good buy for Unk, even is he sells the forks.

Day 2) Unk sees the revised price. Knowing the frames dissappeared very quickly Unk buys a frameset, and tries in vain to cancel the original order.

Day 5) First order arrives, a meta AM as expected

Day 6) Second order arrives, contains all that would have been expect in the frameset (reverb, bars, fox 32s), but with confusing substitution of a Supreme frame.

So Unkle wants the Meta frameset for the bargainous 1570, and is reluctant to let it go as there can probably be no replacement. He was about to send back the original frame, but was hoping CRC would agree to an everybody wins solution. He keeps the listed contents of the AM frameset, and they collect the more valuable Supreme frame at no cost to homer.

CRC seem reluctant to go along with that.

Contacting Decade direct however is a very good idea, and I shall do that if plan-CRC fails.

I am aware warranty is everything for something like a DH frame, so doubt and initial research implies I may not even get the 1K I would be out of pocket.

tracknicko
    Free Member

£1k for a commy DH frame with no warranty? no thanks.

unklehomered
    Free Member

As I thought.

tracknicko
    Free Member

sorry mate. just in my experience commy frames don’t last long. and the DH ones REALLY don’t last long.

i’m sure commy owners will argue otherwise, but i’ve seen A LOT busted, in the flesh.

flange
    Free Member

Yep, Commies are well known for cracking and the DH ones even more so.

So you now have two frames, neither of which you wanted. At the end of the day, the one thing you didn’t ask for was the Supreme which is what you’ve ended up with. So that surely has to go back to CRC – the fact that you bought the AM is irrelevant in this case?

honourablegeorge

flange – Member

So you now have two frames, neither of which you wanted

No – he has one frame he wanted, and one he didn’t.

chakaping
    Free Member

Are you sure the Supreme didn’t come in the Meta frame-only box?

honourablegeorge

chakaping – Member
    Are you sure the Supreme didn’t come in the Meta frame-only box?

Given the situation, that’s what I’d have told them – problem solved.

Mister-P
    Free Member

What before putting it on a public forum?

honourablegeorge

Mister P – Member
    What before putting it on a public forum?

Ideally, yes…. 🙂

alex222
    Free Member

i’m sure commy owners will argue otherwise, but i’ve seen A LOT busted, in the flesh.

You won’t have seen one as busted as the one I have seen. It was broken like all the others; just a bit more broken.

tracknicko
    Free Member

not as bad as saracens tho. dear god.

alex222
    Free Member

Yes well the usage required to break the more broken commencal that I saw is similar to the usage required to crack a saracen – only a bit more fierce.

antvirvi
    Free Member

I want to buy your Supreme DH frame, contact me on antvirvi@gmail.com

flange
    Free Member

Man alive thats a thread resurrection

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘what to do with a New Commencal Supreme DH V3 frame?’ is closed to new replies.