Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • What to do when you can't ride?
  • bgd
    Free Member

So, due to ‘warranty’ issues I have no bike for the foreseeable future and only three weeks in am getting cabin fever especially in the evenings when I’d normally be out biking. I need something to fill the space left by not being able to ride. I’d try running but have knackered knees and don’t like gyms or swimming.
    Is there anything that can compete with biking to keep me fit and get me out two or three times a week?
    Cheers

ivnickkate
    Free Member

Whereabouts are you? If you’re anywhere near Edinburgh,
    I can loan you a bike.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Music.. Good set of headphones and a premium music streaming service. Maybe some recreational drugs if you are feeling adventurous.

wwaswas

Buy a bso from your local free ads.

seavers
    Free Member

Good offer from the poster above! Come winter I gym it more than bike. I know it’s not your thing but how about walking, get to know the local area on foot? Or you could join a club of some kind? Kick boxing will keep you fit.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Climbing wall.

seavers
    Free Member

OR….you could do indoor exercise! Ever seen that insanity work out? I have it if you would like to try it!!

jam-bo

Bring the rain…

Northwind

I’m out with the hurts so mainly I’m arguing on the internetz.

bgd
    Free Member

Thanks for the offer ivnickkate, extremely generous but I’m about as far away from you in the UK as it’s possible to get. I’ve tried walking the dog in the evenings but she’s afraid of the dark and won’t go further than the last Street light even with a Maxx D!
    Good shout about the bso, with the hills round here should keep me fit.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

Not been able to ride for 7weeks due to old injuries and pains, so walking the dog has kept me from the rope!

Macavity
    Free Member

Salsa, Rumba.

bgd
    Free Member

Thing is, I’m not a great sociliser and have no interests other than mountain biking. Like the idea of climbing, might look into that

Goldigger
    Free Member

Get my bike out, put it in the living room.. Then just sit and stare at it 😀

bgd
    Free Member

I only have a box of bits 🙁

Bunnyhop

Until yesterday was off the mtb for 5 month.
    Just get out and about. Try walking, it really is o.k if you find somewhere fairly hilly and with great views. Take out a camera with you. Walking at a fair pace is one of the best exercises I know of.

Simon

I have no bike for the foreseeable future

Just get another bike. Any bike. And ride it.
    You always need a spare bike!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Sex and fighting with the girlfriend.
    Oh wait, we spilt up 4 months ago…

🙁

bryan-g-

Go out and ride one of my four other bikes or go on concept 2

TooTall
    Free Member

Get fat and try and write a thesis?

Well it’s how I’m keeping myself of the bike 😥

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Yoga.Good for your mind and body

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘What to do when you can't ride?’ is closed to new replies.