Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What to do to change from SRAM to Shimano 1×11 – Probably a quick answer?
  • neil_enty
    Free Member

Hi all

Need a little help, please, the equivalent of the XT clutch has gone on my sram XO rear mech (think a rock hit it) and it’s at least £175 to replace. So I was thinking of changing to XT 1×11.

Will i need a new hub/wheel? Or can I change the free hub (a HED trues peed hub)?

Thank you!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Try sram gx?
    You can run the xt mech and shifter on the sram cassette apparently. Swapping to full xt will be more expensive. Have you tried adjusting the clutch on the mech? Its not the same as the shimano

GeForceJunky

You only need a XT mech and shifter, but why not just buy a NX or GX rear mech?

monkeyboyjc

Rear mech, Cassette and shifters. I don’t think you have to change the free hub.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

You would have to change get the free hub to pop the shimano anchor on the back

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Isn’t X0 10 speed?

If it is it’ll be shifter, mech, cassette, chain. Guessing you are already 1x, so no need for anything at the front, unless you fancy a new chainring.

Freehub will stay as is. As 10 speed SRAM didn’t need the xD driver.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Sram 11 comes in xx, xo, gx and. NX now.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Ah, ok.
    Last i looked it was X01 to get 11, X0 was 9 or 10.

It appears that is what SRAMs own website thinks too.

alextemper
    Free Member

You can use a 11 speed SRAM cassette with Shinamo 11 speed mech and shifter.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The 1.from the end is generally dropped these days, who’s riding 10sp ffs 😉

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Wouldn’t know. SRAM isn’t generally on my “list of things to look at”.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What to do to change from SRAM to Shimano 1×11 – Probably a quick answer?’ is closed to new replies.