Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What to do on a Wednesday night in Swansea?
  • hp_source

Getting a night away with work in swansea next week. Has anyone got any (sensible) suggestions, going with a colleague so taking the bike's not really an option sadly… what else is there to do? where's good to eat & drink?

Cheers STW

toys19
    Free Member

st helens road curry (OK my data is nearly 20 years old but it used to be awesome about 8 curry houses)

iamsporticus
    Free Member

The traditional past time in Swansea is to get hammered then have a fight

If you did that early enough with your colleague you would have a decent bit of time at Afan

HTH

luked2
    Free Member

Could try going to Mumbles?

toys19
    Free Member

Could try going to Mumbles?

I made this assumption 3 years ago when planning stag for my mate, when I was there in the early 90's mumbles was buzzing any night of the week so many pubs (about 10 or 11). In 2007 it was dead having been usurped by the development of wind street which is a stag party/p*zzhead/dailymail papparazii heaven. Might be Ok for a quiet pint though.. Even Cinders is closed.

Surfr
    Free Member

I found myself in town on a Weds night a couple of years back and Wind Street was absolutely dead. So it's probably safe enough.

roach

Wednesday is student night, apparently 😛

midlifecrashes

To eat, head for Castellamare at the far end of Mumbles. Top nosh and fantastic position for the views. The walk around the headland path to Langlands is pretty good for walking off a big dinner too.

Edit: they have a website:Clicky

maxlite
    Free Member

Castellamare food is fine at lunch time prices, nice Sicilian house red

….and the view is fantastic

saleem
    Free Member

nice little place called didier and stephanie's, 56 saint helens road

MKCHRIS
    Free Member

For music you could try Milkwood Jam on Plymouth Street or Uplands Tavern in Uplands.Not sure whats on Wednesdays but I'm a Milkwood regular(tuesday is Blus night)
    Both venues have websites and the Tavern serves decent ale.
    On that subject try The Woodman on the way out to Mumbles or The Railway Tavern in Killay(a little way out but SBC Swansea Brew Co)served there

hp_source

Cheers guys, I was going to ask about proper ale houses, but thought I'd make it more general. Few places to look at there. Ta

Tinners

"Patricks" on the Mumbles is great. Superb steak and very friendly, charismatic staff. One of the best places to eat in Swansea and way better than any of the national franchises by a country mile.

grantway
    Free Member

Cut my wrists if i was there

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What to do on a Wednesday night in Swansea?’ is closed to new replies.