Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • What to do next?
  • Rockape63
    Free Member

I run a small business and employ an external Computer man to run my network, emails and sort computer issues. Ive known him for a few years and he’s always been a bit difficult to pin down, but on a recent visit he suggested taking advantage of an order he was placing for another Customer and getting three new computers at a discounted rate.

I considered and agreed, having to pay up front as he was ordering that day. He was supposed to have turned up the following week with them and install them etc but has now gone missing for nearly three weeks, not responding to texts, emails or phone messages! Ive now heard from other people that he was having money issues. ‘kin Nightmare!

As he sorts my emails, I am now taking steps to change to someone else who can organise it, but legally he has taken that money from me under false pretences so a crime has been committed. Do I call the Police? I’m going to try and find him, but then what?

wwaswas

legally he has taken that money from me under false pretences so a crime has been committed

It’s only false pretences if he knew he wouldn’t be able to supply them when he took the money?

Do you have a receipt?

Find him, ask for a timescale to apply and if he can’t give one then suggest that he has until ‘x’ to either supply the kit or refund you. Back it up with somethign in writing sent registered post. Be prepared to go down the small claims court route.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘What to do next?’ is closed to new replies.