Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What to do in/around St Malo
  • bitasuite
    Free Member

Off on the ferry to France tonight and will have a full day there tomorrow. We dock in St Malo. We went a couple of years ago and spent time in St Malo and Dinard.

Any suggestions for a nice day out? Is it worth a drive to Rennes? Mont Saint Michel?

Thanks

bikebouy
    Free Member

Stay local, head over the Dinard and along the cliffs and eat the best crepes. Come back into the village and spend the day on the beach.
    Or, mingle along the narrow streets of St Malo or play on the beaches just out of Town.

You could go inland but it’s just farmland..

MSM is too far.

Nico
    Free Member

Order a plat de fruits de mer. That’s your day sorted. 8 million winkles and brown shrimps to winkle out and peel. After that you’ll be hungry so wander round the other restaurants. I’d say there was enough to do just hanging out in St Malo itself.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    IdleJon

MSM is too far? We rode there from St Malo before lunch and carried on for another 40 miles when a bunch of us rode across Britanny. (long time ago..). I can’t remember how far it is but it can’t be that far.

If you want a longer drive, then Carnac is worth a visit if you’re into history.

Bikebuoy is correct though – I remember St Malo as being nice. The beaches are good, and inland is mainly farmland for miles.

ton

st malo is nice. Dinan is far nicer. drive there. have lunch down by the river, and a wander round the town. it is lovely.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

St Malo is nice. Dinan is far nicer. drive there. have lunch down by the river, and a wander round the town. it is lovely.

This.

Although the Moules-frites were spotty dog..

avdave2

Another vote for Dinan, or head east to Forte la Latte where they filmed The Vikings and you can pretend your Kirk Douglas or Tony Curtis.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ah yes DInan, very nice place.. still quite medieval.. Nice view from the Church above the river.

I do think MSM is too far to drive yes, once you’ve gathered all the kids into a car and sat in it for and hour and a half to be greeted by tourist busses..but if you want to go why not… nothings stopping you.

IdleJon

to be greeted by tourist busses.

Ha, that’s a different issue! My brother still talks of the brie baguette he ate on MSM as the best ever. Partly due to the massive hangover, partly due to dehydration from not filling our bottles on the ferry trip over. 😆

Dickyboy

Fougeres Castle?, stop at Mont Dol for the view on the way or if you are feeling active – ropes course near Trans la Foret – kind of go ape on steroids, took my kids (all in their 20’s) 6 hours to complete it!

johnx2
    Free Member

MSM’s worth a visit.

An hour’s drive from St Malo (compared to Dinan’s 40 mins) according to google which squares with my memory.

bitasuite
    Free Member

Thanks all. Had a nice day in Dinan (despite getting bitten by dog!)

jambalaya
    Free Member

Ouch 😯

Hope rest of your trip goes well.

avdave2

[video]https://youtu.be/qypEulhiHAw[/video]

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What to do in/around St Malo’ is closed to new replies.