Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • What to do in the UK
  • codebauer
    Free Member

Hi,
    Visiting the UK with wife and kid next week. Kid stays with Grandparents and we have to escape (Mother-in-law thing). The wife want to get some cheap sun. But I am trying to “sell the UK”, got any ideas?

Deffo not bike stuff, as the wife is lazy as…

We are in Munich, and Grandparents are in Derbyshire. Current ideas are some kinda road-trip involving some pride and prejudice rubbish!, York and Edinburgh.

Help, Paul

z1ppy

Go somewhere sunny with bikes… leave her by the pool & get on with it! 😀

Kuco

UK and sun?

binners

You’ve the option of some sun, but you’re going to opt to get rained on for a week instead? 😯

Do you want to come and stay in my house for a week, and I’ll go on holiday for you

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Well chatsworth house is in Derbyshire. It doesn’t get much more pride and prejudice than that!

kimbers

is the fringe festival still on in edinburgh

is your missus german? will she get the humour?

nickhart
    Free Member

Peaks are beautiful, a little damp at the moment. Chatsworth is well worth a visit, the royal armouries in Leeds is great, it all depends on what you both like. There’s historical stuff aplenty in Derbyshire and Yorkshire if that’s your thing. If you’re wanting shopping I hear Leeds is good, Sheffield has the hell that is meadowhall, birmingham the thing in the centre.
    York has history coming out of its ears too, and the railway museum.
    If you want a beautiful beach side place I’d go for bamburgh in the north or white sands in Pembrokeshire no guarantees of weather mind. If you head to Pembrokeshire do some coasteering, and find the jet boat that runs out of st justinians for a blast round the islands, and go to st David’s cathedral for a very spiritual time.
    Good luck.

johnners
    Free Member

Castle Howard is well worth a visit if you like that sort of thing – more Brideshead than Pride though.

SiB
    Free Member

Stoke-on-Trent……….avoid

molgrips
    Free Member

Some coastline perhaps? Not much of that in Germany, but loads here.

codebauer
    Free Member

Shame, stoke isn’t that far…

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Edinburgh? Pop over to Glasgow, and take a cruise doon the watter on a paddle steamer (Glasgow-Rothesay is my recommendation)
    waverley excursions

southbeds
    Free Member

and don,t miss LUTON

grantway
    Free Member

Hi,
    Visiting the UK with wife and kid next week. Kid stays with Grandparents and we have to escape (Mother-in-law thing). The wife want to get some cheap sun. But I am trying to “sell the UK”, got any ideas?

Yeah go to Spain

seadog101

Just had 2 nights in Cambridge. Not cheap, but really good. Even the kids enjoyed it!

m1kea
    Free Member

binners – Member

You’ve the option of some sun, but you’re going to opt to get rained on for a week instead?

Do you want to come and stay in my house for a week, and I’ll go on holiday for you

PMSL 😆

franciscobegbie
    Free Member

Edinburgh? Pop over to Glasgow, and take a cruise doon the watter on a paddle steamer (Glasgow-Rothesay is my recommendation)
    waverley excursions

Nice one! The Waverley is great fun, but can be a bit of a booze cruise!

Did anyone in your family enjoy the Harry Potter films? How about a trip in the Hogwarts Express (aka the Jacobite)
    http://www.westcoastrailways.co.uk/jacobite/Jacobite_Details.html

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘What to do in the UK’ is closed to new replies.