Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What to do in South Devon in the rain…
  • the-muffin-man

We’re staying down near Hope Cove all next week and the forecast is rather mixed!

So what indoor stuff is there to entertain 4 kids from 7 to 11? I’d assume Plymouth and Torquay have some attractions, but what is good and more importantly what to avoid.

And if the rain does break, which are the best beaches for bodyboarding?

Ta!

qwerty
    Free Member

Buy or hire a wetsuit and your good to go do anything. Bantham is good to body board and has lifeguards.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I have many happy memories of Hope Cove, Bolberry, Salcombe etc, beautiful area. National Sealife Aquarium in Plymouth is just the ticket, it really is an engrossing way to spend a good few hours. Need to see it again. Butterfly and otter sanctuary nr Ashburton – tropical butterflies in a big hothouse, feed the otters. Special, and you can raid Buckfast Abbey nearby for quality ecclesiastical chocolate and booze.

jam-bo

The boat trips from Dartmouth to Totnes that go past my office window seem quite popular rain or shine…

the-muffin-man

Buy or hire a wetsuit and your good to go do anything.

Already got the wetsuit and boadyboard – if it was up to me that’s all I’d do all week – I have the wife, my daughter, the mother-in-law, sister-in-law and her 3 kids to consider!!!

qwerty
    Free Member

Already got the wetsuit and boadyboard – if it was up to me that’s all I’d do all week – I have the wife, my daughter, the mother-in-law, sister-in-law and her 3 kids to consider!!!

Pub it is then!!!!!!! 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Pub it is then!!!!!!!

Yep, leave them somewhere on their own and get over to the Sloop and get stuck in!

emac65
    Free Member

The boat trips from Dartmouth to Totnes that go past my office window seem quite popular rain or shine…

Yup,the grockle boats are always busy there…. 8)

CountZero

You could check out Lannacombe Bay for body-boarding. Great Mattiscombe Sand is pretty good when the wind’s in the right direction, and Lannacombe Sand is small but accessible, there’s a cottage there for hire.
    You can walk the coast path from East Prawle around Start Point to Hallsands, and what’s remaining of the original village, then on along to Beesands and Torcross and Slapton Sands

[/url] image by CountZero1, on Flickr[/img]

Those pics are Great Mattiscombe Sand, this is looking towards Lannacombe Beach and cottage:

Surfer at Lannacombe Beach:

I’ve just had a look on WeatherPro for the Kingsbridge forecast, and it’s not looking at all bad, Tuesday seems like it’ll be the only day for indoor activities, so I think you’re going to have a good time.
    I really rather envy you, I love it down there, spend many happy hours along that stretch of coast, I stay with friends who live at the top of the lane running down to Lannacombe.
    Enjoy!

DavidB
    Free Member

Brixfest

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What to do in South Devon in the rain…’ is closed to new replies.