Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What to do in Oxford between 01:30 and 05:15 tonight?
  • Stoner
    Free Member

On way home to the boondocks from a gig in that London. On a train that will get me as far as Oxford. The next train West won’t be until gone 5am.

Apart from mooch around and try and find a late night kebab den, is there anything else open all night in Oxford?

mboy
    Free Member

Wednesday night is Student night…

Get yourself to one of the many cheesy student nights and get tanked up on cheap nasty drinks!

Other than that, well the Tesco’s in Cowley is 24hrs… But that’s a few miles away by taxi!

Stoner
    Free Member

Aha, found the thirst bar is open till 2.30,and kebab kid open till 4am.
    Might take up most of the small hours.

beefheart
    Free Member

Need I spell it out for you- COKE + HOOKERS!

Stoner
    Free Member

Funny you should mention that. Back when I was at university I went out with the Oxford (ladies, ahem) hooker for a while.

I’m too old for shenanigans now you know.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Half of those students there don’t lock their bikes up. Go borrow one for a couple of hours and go hoon around the place.

Stoner
    Free Member

well that was interesting. That bar does stay open until 3 o’clock on a wednesday night.

Stoner, earlier:

I can vouch for the Kebab Kid’s ability to serve up 2lbs of donerised “meat” wrapped in a naan sleeping bag. I feel suitably ashamed of myself and ill this morning.

wanmankylung – Member
    Half of those students there don’t lock their bikes up. Go borrow one for a couple of hours and go hoon around the place.

Unfortunately while Oxford students are obviously stoopider moar stoopid than Cambridge students, they have at least learnt to lock their bikes up these days. Couldnt find an unshackled one for a rag around.

I need to go back to bed.

mboy
    Free Member

Kebab Kid is genuinely the only place I’d ever eat a Doner from… Their kebabs are the stuff of Oxford Legend!

Did you finish it though? That’s the question!

Stoner
    Free Member

That’s between me and the Cowley Road Methodist Church Centre.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

1) Purple Turtle
    2) I think remember the local news mentioning the strip club has opened again 😀

Oh wait, your post was 12 hours ago 😀

BillMC

Pitt Rivers museum

King’s Arms

Merton College (if only to hear the chapel bell)

mboy
    Free Member

That’s between me and the Cowley Road Methodist Church Centre.

It only counts if it stays in… No pavement pizza’s allowed!

bombjack
    Free Member

There’s a couple of houses in Summertown that offer services all night. I remember a lad from work being taken there after an xmas party. Came back to work the next day a man.

mboy
    Free Member

Hmmmm… Only just remembered the Cowley Road Jamaican Bar (how did I forget that one?). Mind you, it’s been years since I was there, not sure it’s still open even!

Anyway… Was the best place to get rice and peas, red stripe and a “little something for the weekend” til stupid o clock in the mornings by miles! 😉

wallop

I don’t understand why you didn’t stick around in London for the night!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What to do in Oxford between 01:30 and 05:15 tonight?’ is closed to new replies.