Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What to do in Morzine on none-bike days?
  • JEngledow
    Free Member

We’re going to Morzine in July and will probably have one or two days off the bike, to break it up and allow aching bodies to rest. We’ve done white water rafting a couple of times and I refuse to try the parachute flying (I can’t remember what it’s actually called)! So other than spending the day sat outside bars drinking beer (again) what else can you recommend? Thanks

chakaping
    Free Member

Lac Montriond looked like a nice spot to chillax in the sun.

numbnut
    Free Member

The Fantasticable is worth a go.

beicmynydd
    Free Member

Day trip to chamonix and ride the cable cars ( on foot) superb on a nice day.
    About an hour up the road if you have a car.

beanum

Fantasticable…

link

tonyd

Clean bikes, fix broken things, drink beer in the sunshine!

Edit: That ^^^ fantasticable thing looks fun! I did something similar (but much shorter) in NZ once, flying fox?

nickjb
    Free Member

There’s loads. There’s some properly good walking, ice skating, ice hockey, swimming (take the cable car up to Avoriaz and go in the rubber ring half pipe, the cable car is a good ride, too, especially coming down, stand at the front), tennis, Via Feratta. For something a bit more cultural then visit the abbey, the mechanical museum or the cheese making. Also look out for special events; there’s often road bike racing on, the rally Mont Blanc, the cow festival, medieval fair. Also even though you have done the rafting have tried hot dogging or hydrospeed?

A couple of walks

jfletch
    Free Member

I refuse to try the parachute flying (I can’t remember what it’s actually called)!

Paragliding?

Do it. It’s excellent. You don’t have that leap out of a plane moment so it not scary at all. You simply run along for a bit at the top of a mountian and then gently rise into the air. The flight is then incredibly relaxing and beautiful. Landing again is a straight forward experience.

Expensive though.

captaindanger

whitewater rafting and variations on that theme.

Or just go for a slower ride!

eskimonumber1

http://www.frogsrafting.com/

^ I highly recommend these guys.

carlphillips
    Free Member

non bike days in Morzine?

Steve77
    Free Member

If you have a car you could do a day trip to Geneva, Annecy or Gruyere

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What to do in Morzine on none-bike days?’ is closed to new replies.