Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What to do in Houston
  • grantyboy
    Free Member

In Houston on business. Looking for some ideas what to do this weekend, got a car and staying in Pearland.

dannybgoode

Have a problem? (IGMC)

trail_rat
    Free Member

been there before ?

space centers a good call if you havnt

see if there are any sports/motorracing on this weekend in houston area – doesnt matter if you know how the rules , the americans know how to make an afternoon/evening out of an hours worth of sport.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

This may help:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/things-to-do-in-san-antonio-tx

San An was actually very nice (thanks all who recommended the river walk!). Going back in a few months, so may try NASA this time or head over the Austin for a w/e…

Pigface
    Free Member

Head down to the coast Matagorda is ok. In Houston Rockin Robins is a great guitar shop.

Montrose is a nice place to visit with lots going on.

It will be damned hot and downtown will be deserted on the weekend.

trail_rat
    Free Member

“Montrose is a nice place to visit with lots going on.”

and thats the first time anyone said that about montrose*

*theres a town in scotland called montrose also and its there that im referring to

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Houston Rockin Robins

Makes mental note for the next trip……

sweaman2
    Free Member

Go to Bass Pro and admire the firearms that are on sale in a simple sports shop…

Memorial Park is good for people watching early morning / evening. Join the hordes running the loop.

Rastapopolous
    Free Member

Haven’t been in Houston for a wee while.

If you are into military history or large man-made objects then Battleship Texas was quite good – that’s out towards the east of the city.
    Space centre was OK, nothing special. I went just after the Shuttle crashed (2003) so NASA weren’t exactly hanging out the bunting.
    Heading down to the coast is doable in about an hour or so. Galveston has a decent aircraft museum and there is a massive beach.
    If you are into strip-malls then Houston is great! 🙂

thewanderer
    Free Member

Go to Nasa. Enjoy some amazing food – there’s some pretty fancy food out there thanks to the wealthy oil peeps.

Though I prefer the cheaper, home cooking at Barnaby’s (for breakfast) or Pappasito’s for tex-mex.

But if I had a car, I’d forget Houston and drive down to Austin for the weekend.

anjs
    Free Member

shop in the Galleria, eat enormous portions of food oh and sweat a lot

trail_rat
    Free Member

rudys country store for BBQ

http://www.rudysbbq.com/page/home

wouldnt have given it a second glance normally but some locals took me there for dinner one night …. cheap and tasty as ****.

jandemteremy
    Free Member

Buy some magazines and w@nk. All over the hotel windows.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What to do in Houston’ is closed to new replies.