• This topic has 14 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Daffy.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What to do in Dallas?
  • Spud

And I’m Debbie is plenty busy 😆

I’m in the US for a week, including a Saturday Pm and Sunday before work starts. Anyone recommend me any must see/ go places in Downtown? I’m also going to Pittsburgh and Denver but won’t have time for anything outside work.

chewkw
    Free Member

Shooting range? :mrgreen:

alexxx
    Free Member

Debbie

dovebiker

Taking a walk where Kennedy was assassinated is a bit weird to stand on the “grassy knoll”. The Book Depository is now a museum and it trading on the whole Lee Harvey Oswald thing which has been largely debunked. The “No Guns” sign on the door was a bit like “huh?”.

I was there a long time ago and there was a block or two downtown with a bit of a New Orleans vibe, drinking slush-puppy margaritas in a music bar. Like ‘downtown’ in most US cities, it’s pretty dead after 7pm as everyone retreats to the ‘burbs.

fooman

As above – Dealey Plaza and Book Depository is instantly recognisable from the many films and documentaries on the subject & the museum is worth a visit. Look up the Fort Worth Stockyards too, only a short drive. There’s also some pukka cowboy outfitters about worth a browse.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Phone in sick and go on the piss 😉

khani
    Free Member

Wear a BFO cowboy hat..
    All the time, even in bed and in the shower…

rOcKeTdOg

Jumbotron!

enfht
    Free Member

GMG

jobless
    Free Member

Perrys for the Pork Chop. ignore the rest of the menu. its the pork chop you are there for. its the size of a house. they do great steaks too.
    Pecan lodge for Texas BBQ
    Pretty much anywhere on Mckinney for drinks
    Del Friscos on McKinney does a good rack of ribs (not as good as pecan lodge, but pretty good)
    Bread Winners for cocktails
    The best coffee is in Weekend which is in the Joule hotel
    Almost everywhere does a good burger – my favourite is the Dallas Chop House Burger joint on Main (a little way down from the Dallas Chop house restaurant) their truffle fries are amazing.

Go up the reunion tower in the Hyatt hotel – you can see the vast flatness that is Texas. and have a $15 beer….

I have been there a dozen times, never been in the museum.

I own a stetson now though. Wild Bills in the Market Street. not far from the book depository and the Hyatt.

Basically what i am saying is – When in Dallas the best thing to is eat. a lot. of meat.

If you are veggie – I would go to California.

GrunkaLunka
    Free Member

Second and third the Pecan lodge. Epic lunches there. Get there ahead of the crowd. Up town for drinks. Check out the Newcastle Brown ON TAP at the Ginger Man.

Spud

Well the Pecan Losge was epic, our local colleague took us and we weren’t disappointed. Monumental amounts of food. The problem now is body clock says it’s 10:30… Had some good beer in the City Tavern last night too.

footflaps

Wear a BFO cowboy hat..

Not really a thing in Dallas, last time I was there didn’t see a single one.

wideboy
    Free Member

Ice hockey/basketball depending on dates, both good value fun peeks at a bit of Americana!

Daffy

GMG

This.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What to do in Dallas?’ is closed to new replies.