Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What to do if you think you're looking at a stolen bike.
  • joolsburger
    Free Member

I was in the park on Saturday and a lass of about 16 rode past me on a Yeti ASR, fully blinged.

She did not look a cyclist at all clothes wise and the bike was too big for her.

Could have been borrowed, nicked, her dads who knows?

What to do??

cynic-al
    Free Member

Citizen's arrest: – rugby tackle and ride it to Rozzer station towing her by the hair.

Seriously, take a pic for the Rozzers? Ask if it's for sale to get details?

joolsburger
    Free Member

Saw that post isn't that one this had more yellow on it!!

Seriously though – Most of us have seen a bike and thought that isn't theirs calling the police would be a waste of time I reckon.

spacehopper

maybe she had borrowed the bike from someone to nip down to the shops?

Drac

I never look like a cyclist either when riding to work, clothes wise. And if I'm taking my 7+ it looks too small for me and is very bling, well was.

SiB
    Free Member

Im not sure if Id let my 16 year old daughter ride my yeti ASR (if I had one) but she does often go out on my P7 pro to meet her mates and 'hang around' in non-cycling gear.

Its a tough one to know what to do for the best but if my bike was pinched I'd be grateful if someone stopped them and asked a few q's.

myfatherwasawolf
    Free Member

When I was about 17 I got stopped by the police whilst they checked my bike out. It was a Giant Cadex 980c (carbon fibre road bike) with look pedals. I was wearing a German army jacket, ripped jeans and All-Stars 😆

cookeaa

Saw some Chavette sparking up before slinging her hangbag on the end of a slightly blingy looking 4~5 year old Scott Octane’s handlebar and trundling off on Saturday, she’d just left the Cop shop (Obviously I don’t make judgements based on appearances, I merely mention this in passing), round our way everyone get about on ~£2K mid noughties DH bikes, lags and Lord alike…

oldgit
    Free Member

There's a chavy looking kid on a hot Dale round here looks very wrong. Turns out he is a chav and an excellent xc racer as well.

myheadsashed

There's a guy who rides an white Orange 5 nr Broadway Station in Salford. Just looks all wrong non of his clothing/his pedalling style say not a cyclist. 😐

crazy-legs

A mate and I mugged a bunch of chavs a few years ago to recover the bikes they were riding. We knew they were nicked, in fact we also had the serial numbers of most of them so when the opportunity presented itself we waded in and grabbed the bikes from under them.

Got a load of mouth and bluster in return but none of them were actually violent (although if they had have been, we'd have been in big trouble, 2 of us vs about 8 of them).

The policeman later asked how we'd recovered them but he was a cyclist himself and knew my mate very well so we got a "well done lads" out of it instead of a prosecution for what was effectively theft! 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What to do if you think you're looking at a stolen bike.’ is closed to new replies.