Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What to do if you find a foreign passport in the street
  • alwillis

My wife picked up a Nepalese passport today by a bus stop. Is it best to send it to the embassy in London, local police, Nepalese community centre or somewhere else?

It’s a pretty young person, and we’ve done a quick Facebook search with no luck- hopefully we can find him locally and just give it back rather than him have to go through the embassy for a new one etc.

Any great ideas??

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Plastic surgery for you. Escape Brexit!

Drac

I’d hand it into your local police station as I’d say that’s where they will go to see if anyone had found it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    neilwheel
    Free Member

As above, local police.

CountZero

Either local police, or contact the embassy, which the police would do anyway. I found an Italian ID card belonging to a student out near Silbury Hill once, so I phoned the embassy as soon as I got home, they gave me instructions on what to do with it, IIRC, I sent it to them recorded delivery, the student hadn’t even contacted them about it’s loss at that point.

alwillis

So a more intensive Facebook search (after emailing the embassy and local police) and we have found our man! And he’s a little bit* grateful!

*basically our next best mate- we’ve just got him out of a real sticky situation!

DrJ

your local police station

Are there actually any local police stations any more?

alwillis

Are there actually any local police stations any more?

Possibly a whole different thread, but it seems not from my searching! We have a local police post (a building they park outside) but it’s not manned all the time.

5plusn8
    Free Member

Well done, I do love a happy ending.

mrhoppy

5plusn8 – Member
    Well done, I do love a happy ending.

He must be really grateful. 😯

globalti
    Free Member

Is he a ladyboy? Oh wait, that’s Thailand isn’t it.

5plusn8
    Free Member

eh?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What to do if you find a foreign passport in the street’ is closed to new replies.