Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • What to do if buy off here and no goods turn up Please?
  • woodsman
    Free Member

Seller doesn’t answer emails both through here and another forum he posts on.

Comms went dead as soon as I made Paypal payment, I contacted seller after a couple of days to get confirmation he had received my Paypal payment. He confirmed (after a bit of delay) yes and that the item would get in first class post next day. That was 10 days ago, nothing turned up and he’s not answering my emails.

Do I have any recourse through Paypal or other means?

Has anyone paid for and not received goods from sellers on here?

Unfortunately he is based in Blackpool and I’m in Sussex – I can’t wee in anyone’s shoes from that distance before that is suggested. 🙂

The original sellers post was identical on here and Retrobike..

Jase
    Free Member

Well they are still posting on here so not dead.

Sorry, that wasn’t very useful.

Presumably Paypal does off some kind of protection.

Jase
    Free Member

From Paypal:

When you pay with PayPal on any website, we’re here to help if you have a problem. If an item doesn’t arrive or doesn’t match its description then we’ll help you get all of your money back.

Not sure if the bit about paying on a website excludes your purchase.

Try looking at the resolution centre on Paypal: https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/User/customerservice/GXOLogin-outside

johnners
    Free Member

Unless you were unwise enough to use “Gift” with PayPal they’ll probably be able to sort a refund.

thered

ICEBERG!!!

I notice that on BikeRadar they have a forum for feedback on sellers, would that not be useful for here so that people don’t get stung.

I know that the forums’ had it’s issues recently so it maybe be impossible but we could all sleep a little better when using the FS forum.

woodsman
    Free Member

I was unwise to use Gift, at the seller request. You just don’t buy thinking the goods may not get sent do you – I do now of course.

There were a couple of other buyers on the same thread, I’ve just contacted one through here to see if their item turned up.

DezB
    Free Member

The normal course of action is to start a thread entitled “Does anyone know <insert forum name>?”

Ie. NAME AND SHAME!

druidh
    Free Member

Edit: Don’t want to be casting nasturtiums.

DezB
    Free Member

Wouldn’t have thought so Druid(h) – Joyrider was also looking for Brighton BigDog entry… Based in… sussex

nuke

This is no fun…it’s a wet Saturday and perfect for a good Sir Digby Chicken Caesar-style investigation to find likely culprits but there’s barely any clues aside Blackpool 🙁

Drac

there’s barely any clues aside Blackpool

Really? You’re no Sherlock then.

Northwind

Without being defeatist I just consider it part of the process, I’ve had one person rip me off on the classifieds here- (lee.zowghi@durham.ac.uk) but I’ve had enough good deals with good people to offset it.

On ebay if someone burns me I go after them like a mad dog mind but it’s not so easy on informal classifieds.

nuke

Really? You’re no Sherlock then.

Oh yeah 😳 😆

Well, that’s that figured out…back to the hoovering.

Good luck getting the goods Woodsman

Jammy111
    Free Member

northwind, what happened? I know him and could probably sort it out for you.

Northwind

Oh, cheers Jammy- he sent me an X9 mech which is bent like a banana. I think that was a legitimate mistake, he says it came off the bike and he assumed it was working which is fair enough. Said he’d refund if I sent some pics, which I did, but then he just stopped responding to emails. If you could ask him to get in touch that’d be great!

chakaping
    Free Member

On ebay if someone burns me

It’s funny how “r” and “n” next to each other can look like “m” isn’t it.

I laughed anyway.

😀

ton

name and shame train of thought here.
    as a way of warning other forumites to steer clear of the theif/fraudster/lazy person/idiot.

woodsman
    Free Member

Bloody frustrating, and he posted the exact for sale thread cut and paste from Retrobike, where they do have feedback. I should have checked as the clues are there, but as people say it is just so rare for this to happen. I didn’t think of it when I saw the 90mm silver Hope stem that I’d been looking for – just went for it before anyone else could, and made the paypal payment straight after he emailed me his Paypal details.

I’ve got his real name and his town so I guess it wouldn’t be rocket science to get his addresss and issue a ccj if it comes to it. Hopefully he will do the right thing if he ever turns a computer on again. It isn’t anyone mentioned on this thread up to now.

I might give him one more email now.

rob2
    Free Member

I had a similar issue a while back (different person mind) and it arrived eventually, the chap had gone on holiday and just forgot to send it.

just bought some forks off here – hope they arrive!

iainc

you could always put something like ‘about to name and shame you’ in the email title, along with a link to this thread ?

ton

woodsman………….it is ferrit then?

woodsman
    Free Member

Yep that’s the fella, still no commication from him. If anyone knows him personally can you give him a nudge in this direction please.

ferrit
    Free Member

Hang on – please be specific – I’m ferrit and there is a ferrit32 here who is at fault!

Dinnae be taking my name down with you please!

Jamie
    Free Member

Ok Ferrit…where were you on the night the incident took place??

*shines light in Ferrits face*

Talk damn you!

*phonebook plus head interface*

Who are the other 31 Ferrits and what do they want?

ferrit
    Free Member

You’ll never take me alive!

And you’ll never uncover the fixie 29er conti vert pros conspiracy! Gah – I’ve said too much!

kaesae
    Free Member

Hahahaha!

wallop

*facepalm*

woodsman
    Free Member

Yep it’s ferrit32 on here and just plain ferrit on Retrobike. Another guy over on RB is waiting for a frame too, again no coms no goods.

alpinestar
    Free Member

is there still time to make a charge back from pay pal before he has time to transfer the funds to his bank. im sure whenever i get paid through pay pal gift the email says you may still get a charge back from the sender for this payment. hope this helps.

woodsman
    Free Member

Thanks for the info alpinestar but the payment was made almost two weeks ago now.

Clink

I had a problem with Ferrit32 last year – comms were appalling – goods sent in end. I posted on here as I thought I had been ‘done over’. Eventually he got back in contact and goods turned up. As it happened the item wasn’t quite what I was expecting and he took it back and refunded me so there is hope.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘What to do if buy off here and no goods turn up Please?’ is closed to new replies.