Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What to do for a week on the way back from Morzine
  • harrytoo
    Free Member

Hi all,

I have a two week holiday booked next August, the first week we have accomodation for in Morzine, sorted.

The second week we are looking for something to do, I have tried requesting another week in Morzine but to no avail.

Has anyone found somewhere nice to stay for a week somewhere near the return from Morzine to Calais? We would be looking for chalet / caravan / tent type accmodation rather than Hotels.Have looked at a couple of places round the Jura and the reviews tend to say something along the lines of “nice relaxing place for a break but nothing for the kids to do”. Unfortunately we have a rather active six year old.

…..and I am resisting Euro Disney for another couple of years….

Tracey
    mikewsmith
    Free Member

Head down to the Les Arcs area.

wallop

Tignes looks like fun for kids in the summer. Plus all the chairlifts are free 😉

Mike’s suggestion of Les Arcs is a good one – I think Vallandry and Arcs 1800 are nice in summer, with pools etc.

Ambrose

have you stayed in Morzine before? It maybe that your other half finds the area so nice that you could stay on for another week. Or look at Chatel as a second weeks option. I hear that Les Gets is rather nice too.

Other than that I’ve always enjoyed the Auvergne. Loads to do.

Sancho
    Free Member

lac blanc

jambalaya
    Free Member

Many options. You are an hour from Lake Geneva and medieval town of Yvoire, worth a visit. Also Evian is on the lake. A few days in Chamonix to see some proper mountains and glaciers 😉 . Annecy pretty town, lake, mountains of La Clusaz / Grand Bournand. You could return via Jura & Vosges or Burgandy wine region, eg Beaune or near Chablis is the Abbey Fontenay.

Finally you could do a day at Disney as a final treat for the kids.

nickjb
    Free Member

I have tried requesting another week in Morzine but to no avail.

Try harder 🙂 Even if you stretch it to 10 days. Much better place to be than anywhere on the way back.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What to do for a week on the way back from Morzine’ is closed to new replies.