Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • What to do? Can you search peoples email on STW?
  • tails
    Free Member

Right my life just gets worse, lost job, dad in hosp with poss dementia, smashed my face up cycling and now a buyer says his parcel not arrived 👿

How do people deal with this, never happened before. A want the parcel to get there. I can't afford to loose £50. I nearly deleted the buyers email as it has spam in the wording, and had my reservations about selling them but i'd already been **** about by one STW'r so just wanted rid of the item. I have a postal receipt but item only insured for £40 and it took the hit on postage and paypal costs.

Can I search people email on STW as I don't know who the buyer is whether they are a regular or perhaps pulling a fast one.

firestarter
    Free Member

what was the item and do you know there user name on here

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

some one asked this yesterday – and the answer was you can contact them through Paypal…

tails
    Free Member

The item was some forks and no they just emailed me, gonna take email out profile its **** useless trying to sell stuff might as well just bin it.

tails
    Free Member

thanks simon I might just tell him to open a dispute through paypal if nothing by monday and let them pay him and close my paypal.

firestarter
    Free Member

so it wasnt one of the two that were going to buy your forks on here then ? in your old thread. i guess its just paypal then if you used it

Olly
    Free Member

i had an email from psycle (off of stwf) re that bashring that never turned up. turns out it was stuck in the postal strike and turned up a week late?

my guaranteed next day delivery i ordered on tuesday arrived only today.
    humph.

psychle
    Free Member

how long ago did you post it? RM has been **** useless the past week or two due to rolling strikes etc… I'm still getting mail delivered from August FFS…

firestarter
    Free Member

yes been stikes around the country too which dont help. hope it works out for you mate

psychle
    Free Member

what a coincidence, Olly & I were posting at exactly the same moment! 😆

uplink
    Free Member

might just tell him to open a dispute through paypal if nothing by monday and let them pay him and close my paypal.

AFAIK – Paypal will only cough up if they can recoup the money from you

Disclaimer – That's only anecdotal so I could be wrong there

sheldona
    Free Member

If it is lost RM won't do anything for 15 days iirc then they will insure up to £32 again iirc. Just wait it out, buyer should be aware you're not responsible for postage, if you've got the receipt of postage that should be enough to prove that you've sent the item, the rest is down to the PO/RM.

zaskar
    Free Member

Things can go wrong in postage but lesson is to have recorded delivery and insured fully-so no moaning afterwards and pointing the finger.

Hoe it gets sorted.

tails
    Free Member

so it wasnt one of the two that were going to buy your forks on here then ?

No unfortunately wish it was the second guy as he seemed decent guy but because the first chap strung me along I ended up almost stringing the other guy along so when chap one pulled out chap two was prob fed up.

I hope its the postal strikes as it would have 100% gone through peterborough

retro83
    Free Member

Google the email address, you might get lucky and find it in their index

tails
    Free Member

Hi there right I'm starting to smell a rat, said buyer has just emailed me saying the forks didn't arrive, mean while I have emailed STW and the email I was contacted on is not registered to any user name. seems unusual to me. Its frustrating as if it was say goan, B.A.Nana or SFB I'd feel as though they were being honest.

In this case I just feel as though I'm being made a mug of, I can't afford to lose £50 until I find another job, but I don't wanna be labeled as a dishonest person as the few sales I have done on here the buyers have been happy hell they even got sherbert dibdabs are parma violets.

higgo
    Free Member

mean while I have emailed STW and the email I was contacted on is not registered to any user name. seems unusual to me.

I have a number of email addresses. The one linked to my STW account is different to both my work and default home one. I'm probably not alone in this.

tails
    Free Member

I know people have more than one email, be you prob wouldn't use a work email. you know if you were signed up to a website you would use that email to contact people surely.

i'm totally pissed off wish i had just binned them, even if i get a full refund i'm still gonna be £15 out of pocket. Especially annoying as i've convinced myself he's pulling a fast one.

geoffj

I have a number of email addresses. The one linked to my STW account is different to both my work and default home one. I'm probably not alone in this.

+1

Too_Punk_To_Funk
    Free Member

I know people have more than one email, be you prob wouldn't use a work email. you know if you were signed up to a website you would use that email to contact people surely.

Nope, not always. Because I have several website domains I use anything before the @ symbol. Generally related to the person/organisation I am dealing with i.e. I might use stw@mydomain.com for the website but classifeds@mydomain.com.

Hope it gets sorted and life sends you some good stuff in the near future in order to balance out the recent crap.

higgo
    Free Member

Hope it gets sorted and life sends you some good stuff in the near future in order to balance out the recent crap.

Agreed – I wouldn't get hung up about the email tracing. I guess they're stuck in the post somewhere,

tails
    Free Member

I guess they're stuck in the post somewhere

doubt it i posted them last tuesday, I'm in two minds here I have totally fulfilled my part of the bargain by posting them. there is little more than i can do than that, i stomached both postage and paypal costs. Do RM pay up for this type of thing or do they wriggle?

geoffj

I have totally fulfilled my part of the bargain by posting them. there is little more than i can do than that, i stomached both postage and paypal costs.

WTF 🙄

tails
    Free Member

WTF

which bit are you referring to?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

technicaly you'r responsible for them untill they land on his doorstep.

Jamie
    Free Member

Did i read right they are coming into Peterborough? Post has been a bit shitty here of late due to the strikes.

hora
    Free Member

I once lost a pair of Fox 36's- took 2-3months to resolve to my satisfaction. 🙁

epicsteve
    Free Member

Things can go wrong in postage but lesson is to have recorded delivery and insured fully-so no moaning afterwards and pointing the finger.

Absolutely. Never, ever, ever sell something online and post it without tracking/insurance.

uplink
    Free Member

I have totally fulfilled my part of the bargain by posting them.

I'm afraid it's your responsibility to get them to the buyer & his to get the money to you
    It's unreasonable to expect the buyer to be responsible for both sides of the deal

coffeeking
    Free Member

RM will return up to £36 no problem, if you have proof of postage.

Did you not send it "signed for"? IIRC it costs bugger all to add on and means someone at the other end is responsible for it – if a signature is recorded then it's out of your hands.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘What to do? Can you search peoples email on STW?’ is closed to new replies.