Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What to do around Salcombe, Devon?
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Going down tomorrow for a week with children (2 – 6 yrs old) as well as grand parents.

Can anyone recommend things to do, places to eat (currys especially), good pubs (I am going to manage a night out with my wife and let granny babysit 🙂 ).

PeterStarkiss
    Free Member

Ate at the Victoria Inn last week and would recommend it.

Beer was particularly good and they offered samples of drinks before buying, including the wine.

Friendly service, I would go back.

Mackerel fishing from Brixham, £12 for two hours and we came back with far far more fish than we could handle. Great results for zero skill required. 6 year old might like it.

Steam trains at Buckfastleigh if you like trains.
    Breakfast at the cafe there is really good value.

PeterStarkiss
    Free Member

A walk to Burgh Island at low tide and then come back on the worlds only hydraulic sea tractor.

http://www.burghisland.com/seatractor.html

Good surfing, kite surfing, kite flying from the beaches there,

bikebouy
    Free Member

Erm, beer int he Ferry Steps..
    Ferry to East Portlemouth Sands.. Bucket and spade optional.
    Surf up near “Black Rocks”
    Cliff Walks a plenty.
    Harbour watching essential.
    Ferry to Kingswear a hoot..

SAy Hi to the Salcombe Yacht Club for me.

charliemort

Millbrook Inn in South Pool other side of estuary is great, but about 1/2 hour drive unless you’ve got chitty chitty bang bang

crabbing in the harbour in Salcombe – keeps ’em happy for hours. Advantage that you can crab just outside the Fortescue pub……

the cycle loop Salcombe – Kingsbridge – East Portlemouth and back via ferry is good if you have bikes, but blardy hilly. Did it with our kids on tag alongs and things, puts legs on you

Hope Cove, Thurlestone and Bantham all good too – good rock pooling at low tide at Thurlestone (I think)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Banger racing.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What to do around Salcombe, Devon?’ is closed to new replies.