• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Kip.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What to do around Gloucester with grandchild – mobility issues
  • Kip

Mr Kip and I are on holiday around Gloucester, tomorrow we hope to go riding and have my folks look after Kip Jr, however my mum is due to have a hip replacement in 3 weeks so has mobility and pain issues.

I need options for things for them to do with 6 year old Kip Jr bearing in mind Granny Kip can’t walk far. Grandad Kip is much more mobile but both are in their 70s.

Kip Jr is a busy little soul and loves parks, crafty things, running about things, and generally being busy. This is not so good for Granny so any options where she can sit and watch are great.

Soft play is not an option as I think the noise would kill them.

Any help much appreciated.

IHN

There’s a new whopping kiddies play area in Pittville Park in Cheltenham. Lovely park for Granny to sit in, plus there’s a nice little tea shop in the middle.

Stoner
    Free Member

if they have a car, try slimbridge wetland centre. Granny Kip can take it easy, grandad and mini kip can explore.

IHN

and in a continuing car trip mode…

Cirencester; the Abbey Grounds in the middle is a nice big park; great play area plus lots of grass to run around on, ducks to feed, little wooded bits to explore etc etc. And it’s right in the town centre, so is near to Jack’s tea shop (Blackjack Street) which sells massive slabs of child- (and grandparent-) pleasing cake.

qwerty
    Free Member

Climbing wall – grampies watching obviously.

Kip

Thanks for those options. Unfortunately climbing wall is out but Slimbridge was an option I was considering. Like the sound of Cirencester as well. I shall check with the olds and go from there. They suggested Sudeley Castle but I’m not sure.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What to do around Gloucester with grandchild – mobility issues’ is closed to new replies.