Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What to do about a possible dodgy STW seller?
  • Aus
    Free Member

Have bought a few bits and pieces thru STW and have always been happy – trust and fairness seems to be the basis of it.

Bought an item recently (and not using this to start a witchhunt pls) which patently does not work, and confirmed by the LBS. Contacted the seller, who said it does work and that's that (altho he hadn't used it for a long time pre selling). I explained the fault, offered to return it and he refund me less his postage so he's not out of pocket. No he said. Asked again, no response, and none from my other emails.

What to do – just feel a bit hard done by, and leaves a bit of a bad taste. Is there a decent way to follow up (accepting it's not that big a deal – as much a matter of principle)

Cheers

timdrayton
    Free Member

if i had sold something (edit) which the buyer then advised (edit) didnt work, and the buyer contacted within a reasonable amount of time id refund in full.

did you pay via paypal?

might be a delay in communication, was it for much cash?

Andy

Agreed. i'm alsways happy to give a refund to someone who isn't happy with a purchase from here or ebay. No reason is needed from the buyer IMO.

Aus
    Free Member

About 5 weeks has passed since buying it. And I did Paypal but as a gift. Certainly enough cash to notice!

timdrayton
    Free Member

might be dicey with paypal, but worth giving em a ring, especially if the seller requested gift as a method of payment and you have that in an email.

keep all your emails they'll need em.

is he posting on here or other stw forums (click on his profile link)?

I probably wouldnt start a withc hunt on here, but repost on his for sale thread, and ask if others have received kit?

RichPenny
    Free Member

So he didn't check it out before posting? His fault IMO, unless you had it for a while before contacting him. Did you get any use at all out of it, or was it DOA. Guessing forks? As timdrayton says, I'd contact Paypal anyway and let the seller know you're doing it. I hate paypal and wouldn't ever recommend paypal as a gift, as you've not got much comeback.

Oh, and

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What to do about a possible dodgy STW seller?’ is closed to new replies.