Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • What time fo you open gifts?
  • mrsfry
    Free Member

Are you a midnight unwrapper or do you wait till midday?

(anyone who makes kids wait till midday, better make sure they
    can afford a nursing home)

Onzadog
    Free Member

Gifts? I’m getting nowt.

breadcrumb

When I get up/had a coffee.

When I was a nipper it could be as early as 5am!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    eddie11
    Free Member

In the morning with Buck’s Fizz. Nom.

bikebouy
    Free Member

About 11am.. Just after breakfast and before the Nephews come over and spoil it.

mrsfry
    Free Member

😯 Nom!

revs1972
    Free Member

5.45am !!!!!!! !!!!!!!

paulosoxo
    Free Member

We were up at 5:15 opening presents. Had to peel the kids off the ceiling! Hyper doesn’t come close.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Couldn’t wait to ride new bike so went out last night. To be fair it wasn’t wrapped as such so no foul play suspected.

I normally open the One Standard Gift (Chocolate Orange) about 6am, scoff this in bed with a cuppa then sleep for another hour or two before bravimg the light. Funny, as a kid I loved getting presents, getting older I know its far, far better to give than receive.

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

When I was a kid the rule was: stocking presents could be opened as soon as you wake up, after that everyone in the house had to be dressed and have had breakfast before main presents got opened. Worked well and we stuck to it!

greencat
    Free Member

Midnight!

tomhoward

After the queens speech. Really. If ever I were to have a reason for wanting the uk to become a republic, this is it.

It’s not so bad as an adult, but as an excited child, water boarding would have been preferable.

(The rule was that presents from Santa could be opened at 8am, then presents from family and friends at 3.15. But Santa stops coming when you turn 18, I’m reliably informed, so it’s a dull morning for me. Again not so bad now all my siblings are now also over 18, but watching them tear through Santas gifts with me having to wait was crap. Esp as my youngest sister is 10 years my junior)

Of course, if I ever sire children, they will be subjected to the same experience. I suspect this is the reason my parents (well, the mother) did it to me.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Just waiting for my niece and her parents to wake up. Everyone else is up ready to go. I’ve been put in charge of a mug of tea and keeping my boys away from the temptation of the tree. “I was just moving it and the paper ripped a bit Dad”. Course it did son, course it did 😀 . And 100% what you said Malvern Rider.

yunki
    Free Member

We’re all done and dusted here..
    We’ll wander down and watch the Xmas swim about 10am, then round to see the kid’s uncles for brunch and a few more gifts whilst we get the dinner on..

Then the kids will go to their mother about 4pm and do it all over again tomorrow 🙂

The perks of having a patchwork family

bikebouy
    Free Member

Mrs’s is still wrapping hers.. 😆

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Christmas eve, customs decs really take the surprise out of things

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Gifts? I’m getting nowt.

@Onzadog. I see your post on the spec me a Christmas bike thread! I think you are telling porkies!

beej

I reckon it’ll be about 11am here. My Mum has emerged for a cup of tea and gone back upstairs and GF is yet to emerge at all. I should have made sure I had some bike kit ready and sneaked out early.

leffeboy

This afternoon sometime but we also do the stocking thing in the morning. I’m quite excited to see reactions. We drag the day out a lot. We asked the kids if they want to change but once you have a way of doing things it sticks and the excitement hangs around a long time

tomhoward

Mrs’s is still wrapping hers

As am I :mrgreen:

leftyboy
    Free Member

Stocking presents for kids opened @ 7:15, first light breakfast @ 8:15, church @ 9:30, salmon sandwich and main presents opened @ 11:30.

tomhoward

Only 3 hours to go….

maccruiskeen

Midnight!

Just 12 hours to go then!

woodster

Christmas Eve after dinner.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Stockings in the morning, main presents early evening.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘What time fo you open gifts?’ is closed to new replies.