Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • What time do you go to bed/how many hours sleep ?
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Bed by 12 most night up at 7am

clearly not enough !

Andy-R

I’m in bed most nights by 10:30, up at 6:30.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Somewhere between 10 and 2am with 4 to 8 hrs never enough.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

weekdays am in bed around 10, sleep by 10.30 and up at 6am.

Stoner
    Free Member

between 11pm and 12pm and until 7:30-7:45
    Just about enough.

nbt

aim for feel ready for bed arounf 10 to 10.30ish, sometimes gets to be 11 by the time I make it into bed.

Alarm at 7am weekdays

Could do with more. Did 10.5 hours over the weekend, did 11 hours on the previous weekend.

nemesis
    Free Member

Usually 11:30 to midnight and up at 6:40

Unless I’m riding before work in which case 11:00 and up at 5

somouk
    Free Member

I’m normally in bed by 11 and my alarm is at 8 unless I’m working away and then I’ll be up to suit my journey time.

The Mrs works alternating early/late shifts so I occasionally get woken up by her alarm at 05:30 but that just means time to go for a run in the morning.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Normally asleep by 10.30, up at 5.30.

sharkbait
    Free Member

between 11pm and 12pm and until 7:30-7:45
    Just about enough.

This ^ (up a little earlier).
    Had to get up at 5:00am on Monday to get daughter #1 to school to get to a a rowing event – I was wrecked that night! god knows how she/they managed it as they didn’t get back until 10:00pm
    Got to do it again on Saturday and we’re out that night 🙁

mattrgee
    Free Member

Usually asleep by 11pm. Girlfriend gets up at 5:20, me at 6:15.

Constantly knackered.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Bed, between 2130 and 2200 most weekdays and up at 0630 nearly every day.
    Occasionally I’ll watch something on telly but invariably I scoot off to bed to watch it then fall asleep within 15mins anyway.

nemesis
    Free Member

That’s rowing for you, sharkbait 🙂

woodsman
    Free Member

Midnight, get woken at 4 am by neighbour – back to sleep a couple hours later, get up 9.30 isn. Feel shit mostly but coping with it more of late!

badnewz
    Free Member

Need at least 7 to feel ok, 8 to be at my best. Anything less isn’t pretty.

tonyd

10:30 – 11:00, up at 7am latest as that’s when the kids get us up. It’s just about enough, if I get much less these days I start getting grumpy.

Edit: Actually I think the problem for me isn’t the amount of sleep but the amount of unbroken sleep. Generally one of the kids will wake up for a wee and the other will have a moan about something or other. I’ll wake at the slightest sound from them so probably get about 2-4 hours unbroken. For a while I was sleeping right through and felt really good.

loddrik
    Free Member

Didn’t we just do this…? 😕

longmover
    Free Member

21:30 – 22:00 and the alarm goes off at 06:00
    If I am on site then I go to bed at 20:30 and the alarm goes of at 04:15

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Bed at 9pm up 5.30, usually awake around 4ish.
    If its my wkend off i may stop up till 10 and have a lie in till 6.30.

crispo
    Free Member

Bed normally around 10.30 then up at 6am everyday.

If I’m out riding I might not get in until midnight. Generally don’t feel tired, I think when I do it’s more the 12 hours at work than the amount of sleep to be honest!

I still wake up by 7 at the weekends and I go to bed later so don’t think I’m in a sleep deficit at all really.

corroded
    Free Member

12.30pm – 1am then awake at 6am, though generally slumber for a bit. I tend not to need much sleep for the brighter half of the year.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Didn’t we just do this…

deja vu for me too

hambl90
    Free Member

I work 12hr days and nights and only get about 5-6 hours sleep , up at 4am on day shift , no wonder I’m always knackered.

rp16v
    Free Member

Sleep at about 12 ish depending what’s on may fall asleep on the sofa and get woken by the boy at about 1 then 4 then up at 6.30/7 am not nearly enough sleep but need to start hitting bed properly when commute starts again next week

mashiehood
    Free Member

11pm, up at 5am.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Reading the above I’m getting no where near enough sleep. Normally in bed between 11.30pm and Midnight up again at 6.40am.
    I’m not usually that tired on a night but knackered on a morning. Strange thing is with or without an alarm, I’m up at the same time every day which is annoying on a weekend. If I go bed later I’m normally awake within 1/2 hour of my normal wake up time. Only time I can really sleep longer than this is if I’ve had a skin full the night before.

Gary_M
    Free Member

In bed for just after 10 Sunday to Thursday, read for a bit then light off for around 10:30, up at 6am latest but usually awake about 5:30 am. Ride 20 miles to work, 20 home and I’m pretty much **** most of the time, I could sleep right now.

Lots of worries at the moment so not getting quality sleep either.

Stay up till about midnight at the weekends if I can stay awake, would be very unusual to sleep past 7am.

thegreatape
    Free Member

It makes no odds what time I go to bed…

Before her- she’ll wake me up because ‘I can’t get to sleep with that racket you’re making’.

After her – she’ll keep coming down asking ‘When are you coming to bed? I can’t get to sleep until you’re in bed too’.

🙄

Thereafter, the amount of sleep depends on whether I get a call out/someone wets their bed/there is a bear or crocodile spotted during the night, shite like that!

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Bed by 10 falling asleep varies from either 10:30 – midnight normally awake 5:30 then drift off again after a pee alarm at 7. I usually wake up a few times in the night never get more than 5-6 hours but I seem to manage on that.

jonnouk
    Free Member

Bed ~12. Usually asleep somewhere after 1230 when the neighbour has turned off her TV. Wake up at: ~330 when deliveries for the warehouse arrive; ~5am when the seagulls nesting in the flat opposite me wakeup; 7am when my housemate’s alarm goes off. I usually drag myself out by 815. If the earplugs don’t fall out I get a full night’s sleep.

I slept better when I lived right next to the WOE mainline & a train washing machine.

seadog101

I work offshore so have to cope with –

2 weeks of Midday-midnight shift:
    Excellent, Bed 00:30 ~ 07:00, then 5hrs to myself (gym, movie, food).

2 weeks of Midnight-midday shift:
    Terrible, sleep a few hours in the afternoon if I’m lucky, for a few days, gradually fatigue gets me and then one 10hr long sleep of death (repeat).

4 weeks at Home: bed by 23:00, 7hrs every night. and a post lunch 30min shut eye!

And international flights to mess up the start and end of the cycle.

footflaps

Normally in bed 10.30 isn, asleep 11.30 ish. Alarm goes off at 7.

and yes we did this last week.

Next week looks bad, flying to Utah for two day business trip, so with jet lag and two very long flights I expect to be absolutely shattered…..

federalski
    Free Member

Work week on week off.

Week on asleep for 1130-1230 to 0530
    Week off asleep about 1200-0100 to 0830ish

Onzadog
    Free Member

Up at 6am normally, 5am if I need to squeeze in some training. Want to be in bed by 9pm, lucky if I make it by 10pm, normally closer to 11pm. 😥

scotroutes

Off to bed between 1:30 and 2:00, sometimes a bit later. Usually up around 7;00.

backtothetop
    Free Member

get to bed around 10:30/11 and get up 5:30/6 depending on cats hunger level. always find it easier to get up earlier if i have done exercise the previous day.

samuri
    Free Member

If I’m cycling in I’ll usually be in bed about 22:30, set the alarm for 5:30. I’ll be awake about 3:00 though normally.
    Driving in, I get an extra half hour so in bed about 11:00, set alarm for 6:00. Still awake at 3:00 mind.

Friday night I’ll stay up late, say 2am, if I’m really, really lucky (and have had a few beers), I’ll wake up about 7:00 then snooze for an hour. Love Saturday mornings.

funkmasterp

Got an eleven week old with severe reflux, so bed at around 12:30 and back up at 04:00 🙁 no time for going back to bed before work. That’s on a good night. Feel very…..wrong, yeah let’s go with wrong 😕

curtisthecat
    Free Member

In bed by 9-1030 then up at 230. Try to have a sleep in the afternoon after a quick a ride.

brakes
    Free Member

bed between 11 and 12, up between 6 and 7.
    more than enough.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘What time do you go to bed/how many hours sleep ?’ is closed to new replies.