Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • What time do 24hr supermarkets stop selling beer at?
  • Zedsdead
    Free Member

Cos I want sum beer

Dark-Side

11pm

Zedsdead
    Free Member

you pulling my plunger?

Really?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    naokfreek
    Free Member

Depends on the kind of licence they hold, a place near me can legaly sell booze all times of the day.. tis a 24h place.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

ah well, never mind…

Drac

They never do there is no licensing laws as such anymore.

Lanesra
    Free Member

Most 24hr supermarkets don't sell alcohol after 11pm – the 24hr drinking/no licensing laws is a bit of a fallacy

ell_tell
    Free Member

The larger tesco and asda near me sell till gone midnight (at least) mon-fri but then they close at 10pm sat.

Go get some 🙂

stonemonkey
    Free Member

Depends on the supermarket, ive bought booze at 3 am in a large tesco's in liverpool but not allowed to at 11 pm in sheffield tescos.

colnagokid

Asda 24hr sell booze 24hrs
    local 'Bonjour'/total petrol station/shop sells booze 24/7

Drac

Most 24hr supermarkets don't sell alcohol after 11pm – the 24hr drinking/no licensing laws is a bit of a fallacy

I've not been in one that doesn't.

allyharp

10 pm in Scotland 😡

allyharp

And not before noon on a Sunday either, while we're at it.

cynic-al
    Free Member

12:30pm IIRC?

That half hour makes a difference! 😡

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

depends on their licence, IIRC city center ones tend not to get licences to stop people getting tanked up in the street after kicking out time whereas ones you have to drive to (petrol stations, out of town etc) theres no problems.

BigJohn

24:01?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

They never do there is no licensing laws as such anymor

Depends entirely on whether they have a licence to sell it 24 hours a day. Just like with pubs, clubs, bars etc. The Licensor gets a licence, the licence says when and where they can sell (ie on, off or on and off the premises) and what hours they can sell it between.

samuri
    Free Member

the asda by us will sell it any time. however, |I suspect if you turn up bladdered having obviously just staggered out of a pub I would guess they will say no.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

the asda by us will sell it any time

That'll be because they have a 24 hour licence and supermarkets, just like any licence-holder, have the right to refuse to serve anyone they believe to be intoxicated.

IdleJon

Following a conversation in our local 24hr Tesco this morning (9.30am), they will sell you alcohol as long as they are open. And they are open all the time.
    I was buying wine to cook with. Honest.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘What time do 24hr supermarkets stop selling beer at?’ is closed to new replies.