Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • what ti full sussers are out there?
  • robhughes
    Free Member

is there such a thing as a ti full sus bike

compositepro
    Free Member

titus…but pricey

robhughes
    Free Member

how much is pricey,comp

psling
    Free Member

Yes, although some have aluminium rear triangle. A number of people consider that with full suspension the stiffness of alu is better than the relative springiness of ti, so why make a ti full sus. Of course, that may be a massive generalisation given that metals come in different thicknesses and can be worked in different ways. Price and market is what probably limits the models available.

I believe DEAN make one, also Merlin (or is it Seven?).

psling
    Free Member

Prices? DEAN start at around $2750 frame only…

lowey

Litespeed

robhughes
    Free Member

the merlin one tooks nice.

compositepro
    Free Member

£2750 and upwards of that by about 500quid for the exogrid

i only really noticed them because it was more of a how much!!!! shocker moment

sofaking
    Free Member

moots

theflatboy
    Free Member

i've got one. yum yum yum. 🙂

robhughes
    Free Member

lucky sod

sslowpace
    Free Member

Check out Kent Eriksen. Titanium front, Yeti asr carbon rear end. Lovely.

aracer
    Free Member

A number of people consider that with full suspension the stiffness of alu is better than the relative springiness of ti, so why make a ti full sus.

I'd argue that a ti full-sus is no less pointless than a ti hardtail 😈

njee20
    Free Member

The Litespeed Niota Ti and the Titus Racer X Ti both weigh and cost (a lot!) more than their alu counterparts. Not sure about the Merlin. But they seem rather pointless to me!

heihei

I've a Titus Motolite Titanium Exogrid where the Ti tubes are inlaid with carbon to stiffen them up. The rear end is a mix of carbon and aluminium. Think the current cost of them is around the £3k mark – I picked mine up off ebay for a hell of a lot less. The frame is a work of art, and is nice and light, but I can't honestly say it's any better (or worse) than other materials, and I wouldn't dream of paying the full retail price for one.

danceswithcats

aracer, I was incredibly lucky to get a spin on a ti hardtail (charge) at a group ride earlier this summer and I would definitely get one if I had a grand or so to spend on bikes. It was vroom vroom, even with me riding it.
    I've been daydreaming about titus since the review in the last singletrack, but I agree with the consensus here, that a titanium full sus bike is a bit odd.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘what ti full sussers are out there?’ is closed to new replies.