Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • What this worth thread, Cove STD?
  • officerfriendly
    Free Member

Are these allowed? Just really curious what this is worth, because I don’t use it at all (far too much bike for me) and it’s just getting dusty! It’s all pretty much new too, and I’m not joking. It’s a custom build with:
    STD Frame with Fox DHX 5.0 shox and Nukeproof Titanium spring
    Hope Moto V2 Brakes with floating hope 203mm rotors
    Hope Pro II hubs laced on Sun Ringle MTX rims with Maxxis Minion Downhill tyres
    Rock Shox Totem with 1.5″ steerer, it is absolutely huge
    Saint Cranks and BB, XT drivetrain, e13 SRS+ Chain Device
    Thomson elite x4 1.5″ Stem, Blackspire Riser Bars and Cane Creek Double X Headset

I really really really don’t want to sell it, I mean the whole thing is made from easton tubing in canada and it even has the cove skull on the front, it looks so freaking badass and it is. but I just don’t use it, it really is just too much bike for me. Any idea how much I could get for it? The entire thing is so new as well, the frame barely has a scratch on it, nor does the forks or the brakes, the only thing thats got any sign of wear is the chain really!

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

Given it’s an unfashionable 26er probably not what you think, especially as a full build, I’d say you’ll get more value from splitting it down and selling it in bits.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Not much I’m afraid, I was trying to sell my Shocker for a long time, and this was before 650b came along – they’re just a bit niche and the STD is probably the most niche of them all.

It’ll be a nice bike for someone if they don’t mind keeping it for uplift days and such.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    officerfriendly
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice, I got offered £700 from my LBS but that sounds like way too little for so much bike. To be honest for that much I’d rather just keep it for the occasional dh day. How much do you guys reckon in terms of an actual number? Might just try putting it up on here?

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

Split it. You don’t ever get what the parts are worth for a full bike, and you’re talking about a 26″ wheel bike with geo that was oldschool several years ago.

The bike shop’s offer isn’t that absurd tbh, painful though it may seem. I split my 224 Evo recently as it wasn’t worth selling the bike – and Orange are holding their value better than most in 26″ flavour.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘What this worth thread, Cove STD?’ is closed to new replies.