Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What this called?
  • bumbly1
    Free Member

I mean the protector ring in the photo. It is not what I would call a bashring but I am looking for one for a new commuter build and I cannot find any and I suspect it is only because I dont know the proper name. Any help appreciated.

Tom

PS I should have at least cleaned it first 🙂

willyboy
    Free Member

it looks similar to a cyclo cross chain guard. In cross though they use two – one each side of the ring instead of a front mech.

alexonabike

Not entirely sure, but I thought they were used to protect your trousers from getting oily… maybe search for “trouser protector” or similar if you haven’t already????

sorry, not much help.

Stu

Chainguard?

bumbly1
    Free Member

Thanks Stu. I thought a chainguard was the one that went back along the chain but you are correct and I found some that may be suitable though surprisingly pricey.

Tom

Stoner
    Free Member

bumbly – check out BBG Bashguards from the US (only $10 though) – they make very “light” bashguards that are more protectors than proper bashs – esp the superlight.

marty
    Free Member

i’m guessing that the Bicycle Station or a bike shop that do lots of repair work (is Bains in Newhaven still going?) will have one kicking about.

bumbly1
    Free Member

Cheers guys, very helpful, now just waiting for my rear wheel 🙂

Tom

monkeyfiend
    Free Member

If youre not after a fancy looking one then try some local fabricating companies, Ive had stuff like that knocked up for me in the past and theyve always been cheap, its a very basic cutting job for a machinist as long as you give him accurate measurements.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What this called?’ is closed to new replies.