Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What the is wrong with the traffic today!?!
  • TheBrick
    Free Member

Heading north from the south coast and traffic has been awful since the m40. Only sandback and Google maps shows red all the way up the m6. Are all the idots out today crashing every 20 miles?

Worse than a week day.

tonyg2003

Rode the road bike today and headed over the M25/M3/A3 a couple of times. Each time they were a car park and Google maps still shows red everywhere! Everyone leaving the Xmas family gathering or shopping?

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Just driven up from Wales to the Lake District.

Yep, lots of traffic. Long queues South and a few stoppages on the way north on M6, but not as bad as the southbound ones.

The standard of driving witnessed has been poor in a lot of cases.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Speeder

People travelling that don’t usually do big distances and therefore aren’t that familiar with motorway driving. Combine that with those distracted by kids or partners in the car and you’ve a recipe for disaster.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Arrived i. St andrews two pintd ago.I think speeder has traffic was not heavy but very stop start. Sign of people not familiar with driving in traffic

weeksy

Drove from st David’s to newbury. Was a bloody awful trip. Slow slow slow but no accidents etc we saw, just loads of slow traffic.

GrahamS

Done Newcastle to Edinburgh and back then Newcastle to Warwick and back so far these holidays and saw some scary driving on every single trip. Way more crashes and blue lights than normal too so not just subjective.

I assume it is a combination of people not used to long drives plus folk who are still half cut (or just tired) and shouldn’t really be driving.

Still got a trip to Edinburgh/Glasgow and back to do – not looking forward to it. 😕

crazy-legs

People not used to long distance and/or motorway driving, people visiting friends/family they only go to once or twice a year so they’re a bit unsure of directions or blindly following a satnav. Bad weather, darkness, car full of screaming hyper kids, tiredness, possibly drunkenness…

You can usually predict the worst days and times quite accurately; Sunday afternoon after an extended Christmas weekend would be right up there for people travelling home.

I do my long-distance driving at night, it’s far easier. Had a completely trouble free drive on Christmas Eve morning at 2am. 🙂 Barely anything on the roads!

nickc

Came down the A1 this afternoon, and the standard of driving was shocking. Loads of folk who clearly aren’t used to m-way driving.

GrahamS

Worst we saw was a car doing about 45mph wandering about between lane 2 and 3 of a four lane motorway.

We seriously considered calling the police as you could see the traffic bunching up around him as people tried to get past.

Mind you, I also saw a “professional” HGV driver leaning on his horn as he sat half a car length behind some poor sod who he obviously felt should be driving faster (through an Average Speed Camera stretch).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What the is wrong with the traffic today!?!’ is closed to new replies.