Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • What the hell just happened?! Sweat content
  • billytinkle
    Free Member

Just rode into work as normal – 11 mile commute. Arrived, cooled down for a few minutes and took a shower. All good. Dried off, got dressed, went to office.

That’s when it started. The sweat came. My shirt was wet through in the space of about 5 minutes – and I mean drenched! I’ve had to take it off and stick it in the drier with my bike clothes.

So what happened?? I ride in every day and have never had this before. I feel fine in every other aspect.

samuri
    Free Member

Running short on energy? Have you eaten well enough? That’s a normal behaviour for bonking but you wouldn’t feel fine if that was happening.

Worried about something?
    New girl in the office? 😉

DickBarton

shower too hot?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    billytinkle
    Free Member

I never usually eat before riding in, I just can’t face food at 5am. I usually eat when I get to work. Energy wise I would say I feel better than average and pretty darn good to be honest!

We’re moving house next Monday, but I’m not particularly worried about it and the office is full of men in the morning so no one to impress!

trail_rat
    Free Member

i get this too

for me its because the temperature in the office is about 20million degrees.

i just open the window , get all the girls complaining.

mrmoofo

Did one of the girls in the office put the heating back on because it had fallen below 29 degrees?

billytinkle
    Free Member

I actually turned the shower temperature down a bit this morning as it was a little hot to start with, but it was just warm after I adjusted it.

I did drink a bit of alcohol over the weekend which I rarely do these days – maybe my body was having a purge?

alcol70
    Free Member

Did one of the girls in the office put the heating back on because it had fallen below 29 degrees?

FTFY.

iain1775
    Free Member

the office is full of men in the morning so no one to impress!

Your body is trying to tell you something. Nothing to be ashamed of, embrace it and get flirting 😉

globalti
    Free Member

It is pretty humid today – perhaps extra humid in the office?

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

It’s quite humid out this morning.

Happens to me too, but I sweat loads anyway. I have a fan behind me and it gets turned on as soon as I sit down to get my body temperature down and in a couple of minutes I’m back to normal.

federalski
    Free Member

Had this before.
    Think it’s just a combination of hot shower, not drying well enough then being in a hot place.
    Full on sweats, and the ‘beast moustache’ which you have to keep wiping off…

scotroutes

Menopause?

Cougar

Manopause.

joemarshall
    Free Member

I used to have faint sometimes as a kid, and that would happen.

Is a pain.

Oh and sometimes got it after a commute when I didn’t have a shower, but never since, maybe cos I now have a longer shower, and turn it down to cold half way through, half cold showers are supposed to be good for the circulation and are character building and fun anyway.

mrchrispy

I get this sometimes. Usually after rushing my shower/changed due to being late for a meeting.
    Get into the meeting and the sweat literally starts pouring outta, the girls dig it (honest)

richardk
    Free Member

Did you drink just beforehand? I used to find if I got dehydrated during riding, even some time later when I started to drink the sweating would start

dmorts

Hypoglycemia?

pebblebeach
    Free Member

I find doing everything slowly helps, as soon as you start rushing you end up getting in a hot sweat.

I’m not a sweaty type but some days after a ride to work and a shower I can feel myself starting to burn up. Go slow, slow down and the heat goes away. I haven’t reached the ‘drenched’ stage yet though.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘What the hell just happened?! Sweat content’ is closed to new replies.