Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What the fork…
  • icicleboy
    Free Member

Sorry..
    Just wondering if there is some kind of overview of sus forks. Im a bit out of touch and don’t want to do hours of research if there is a good summary somewhere. Looking to replace a crappy cheap fork with a mid-level trail fork, tapered, 3-4″ travel. Not keen on Rockshox. Always been keen on Marz’

Mackem

I wouldnt discount Rockshox, my Sektors are perfectly fine.
    If I was replacing I’d be looking at same or X-Fusion.

smatkins1
    Free Member

3″-4″ is a very small amount of travel for a modern fork. Even ‘xc’ once are at and beyond the upper end of that scale. What bike are these forks for?

Rockshox are producing some good forks at the moment for good prices. As mentioned X-Fushion will give you a lot of fork for your money.

icicleboy
    Free Member

2012 Norco hardtail. Tapered. 9mm hub. To be ridden low distance, hard trails, few jumps. I guess I could replace the front wheel to fit 15mm and offer a lot more choice

icicleboy
    Free Member

Budget of £200. I don’t mind used.

rickon
    Free Member

15mm hub is a decent upgrade, the wheel will track better, especially if you’re riding ‘hard’ trails and hitting jumps.

At that price Rockshox is your best bet, a Reba with 120mm would be a good choice. Merlin Cycles usually have some good deals:
    http://www.merlincycles.com/rockshox-sid-rl-forks-2013-59427.html

SIDs are a very nice XC fork.

If you’re looking at 9mm, your best bet is going to be used, I’d pop up a WTD ad in the wanted section of the classifieds.

Be warned though, buying used forks is a minefield – as you have no idea what the forks are like inside and below the seals – they could have been ridden dry, and have worn bushes, and be buggered – but they’d look fine on the outside.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

sounds like you sir require an XFusion Velvet fork in the steerer, travel and dropout you need.

m360
    Free Member

Rockshox TK 30 Gold Solo Air, 100mm fit the bill. Under £200.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

I’m sure I’ve seen RS IF you want to go down that route for £70-£75 for the above post.
    Bikescene iirc.

Bernibus
    Free Member

I have a some nice fox float, 150mm, 15mm hub, tapered steerer, 26″ wheels, can go for £160 posted
    Email me in profile and I’ll send pics if interested
    Cheers

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Those SIDs are an utter bargain!!
    I’d have a pair to save for a rainy day if they had a straight steerer….

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

bernibus, are you simple or something, the OP NEEDS 100mm as stated in his original post.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

He might be simple, but at least he’s not rude….

🙄

rickon
    Free Member

Totally. I’d avoid those TK30s, in anyone’s book they’re not an upgrade, they’re the fork you get as OEM on a bike to upgrade *from*.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What the fork…’ is closed to new replies.