Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • what the…?!
  • gonzy
    Free Member

a friend is looking for a beginners bike and thought he spotted a bargain when he told me he spotted a Nukeproof for sale on Gumtree for £120.
    at that price i assumed it was stolen so i had to take a look…
    https://www.gumtree.com/p/bicycles/giant-fsa-mountaing-bike-with-full-nuke-proof-sticker-kit-/1131928196

turns out its some other brand that’s covered in Nukeproof decals…
    the seller reckons it is in actual fact a Giant but i dont ever recall Giant making single pivot F/S bikes…anyone hazard a guess as to what the bike really is?

dukeduvet

if it was a nukeproof for £120 it would be be a bit dodgy!

cant help you on what it is sorry

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

It’s a Saracen Raw.

Nobby

Edit: too slow

gonzy
    Free Member

It’s a Saracen Raw.

my initial thought was that it was either a saracen or an old ridgeback but i wasnt sure….thanks for the confirmation. 😀

40mpg

a friend is looking for a beginners bike

Please help him choose something which is fit-for-purpose (whatever his intentions are) and not something which looks vaguely bike-ish, weighs 40lbs and will rattle and clunk all over the place!

He won’t have much fun on something like that, and it will invariably end up at the back of the shed, never to be used again

scaled
    Free Member

My Nukeproof Mega (with CCDB) was stolen and sold on for less than £120 🙁

trailhound101

That door step could do with a lick of paint.

gonzy
    Free Member

He won’t have much fun on something like that, and it will invariably end up at the back of the shed, never to be used again

he’s got a budget of £600 but thought he’d spotted a bargain and saved a few hundred in the process…i’ve told him i could probably build his something far better and lighter than that using some scaffolding poles!

That door step could do with a lick of paint.

the concrete flags could do with a good jetwash too

bikeneil
    Free Member

It’s a Saracen Raw.

Those are not the words that came to my mind!

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

Sorry for the slight thread hi-jack. I’ve got an Azonics Sabre (XTension Turner 6-pack ish copy) built up with some mid/entry level functionanlly good components for sale if your mate might be interested in that, gonzy? 19″ though so it may be a bit big if that “Nukeproof” is anything to go by.

gonzy
    Free Member

Sorry for the slight thread hi-jack. I’ve got an Azonics Sabre (XTension Turner 6-pack ish copy) built up with some mid/entry level functionanlly good components for sale if your mate might be interested in that, gonzy? 19″ though so it may be a bit big if that “Nukeproof” is anything to go by.

might be a bit too big for him…looking for a small or medium as he’s only 5’6″, but i might have another friend who might be interested in the Sabre. if you can send me pics and more info with a price, i’ll pass it on to him….email in profile thanks

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

Yep, will do. I’ll take some photos this evening and get in touch.

gonzy
    Free Member

thanks Paul

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘what the…?!’ is closed to new replies.