Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What tent for a family of 4?
  • Leku
    Free Member

Looking at camping in France this summer and was wondering what tent to get.

2 adults and 2 children (5 & 2). Will going by car so weight / size not an issue. Budget £250 ish. I like the look of the ones which have 2 separate sleeping bits grouped around a central living area.

An ideas?

Which makes should I look at?

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Got one of these a month ago – meant to be £380ish but we got ours for £277:
    Vango Equinox 450

Not huge but very very weatherproof and well made. Could easily get two kids in the smaller end.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I got one by a company called Sunncamp. Its a 3 man tent but they do a 4 man version too, think its called an FR300. Was only about £100 and i've used it at numerous music festivals, camping trips, alps trips etc. Its waterproof and it has a fully sewn in groundsheet for the porch aswell. Probably worth a look since there cheap and seem pretty solid

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mildred

We have a Khyam Freelander deluxe. Very quick and easy to put up, the bedroom pods are roomy and plenty of central living space.

http://www.jrleisure.co.uk/products/khyam-freelander-deluxe-tent/232/?source=froogle&utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=comparison_shopping_feeds&utm_nooverride=1

wrightyson
    Free Member

Vango orchy 600 over here, love it, big sleeping pod which has a central divider, chose it so kids aren't out in an actual pod on their own. Loads of headroom and living space in the centre and we also invested in the front canopy which is a well worth it addition!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Oh and packs away in one bag which is big holdall size and cost 270 with canopy and footprint. Plus, bloody good in the rain!

valleydaddy
    Free Member

We use an Outwell Hartford XXL which is great.

like this

4 seperate pods off a central dome.

We have a pod and the kids have one each and the spare we use for storage.

Then we have the extra canopy on the front for extra room and cooking etc.

We are looking to upgrade so may sell if you're interested??

All in great condition used only a few times

email in profile if you want more info Leku 😉

uplink
    Free Member
    commander
    Free Member

I'll be selling a Wild Country Homestead 5 any moment; 2 separate bedrooms (a 3 man and a 2 man) and a big living area, loads of headroom, only used a dozen times as it's too big to pitch in my garden to dry it out after a trip away (I ended up having to go to my parents house every time to dry it!). Very good construction, proper steel poles and tough as boots, takes 2 people to pitch so the children have to amuse themselves for 20 minutes whilst it goes up but it is ace.
    christiansen@live.co.uk

scholarsgate
    Free Member

I've just got an Outwell Montana 6. The outwell tents have the capacity to be expanded with awnings/canopies.

Have a look on ukcampsite.co.uk free adverts for a second hand tent.

HTH

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What tent for a family of 4?’ is closed to new replies.