Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What Tent?
  • Skankin_giant
    Free Member

been looking at getting a new tent, currently got a lil 2 man (just) colemens tent, which i had since i done D of E, so i have been looking so something bigger now i got a wife and a dog, so had a look at a Coleman Phad™ X3 http://www.coleman.eu/p-23093-phad8482-x3.aspx. didnt know if anyone has/had one or seen one and knew what there like or could offer a alternative?

Cheers steve

Candodavid
    Free Member

Have a look at Go outdoors, bargains to be had!!!

tinribz
    Free Member

Or the classifieds.

DaveGr
    Free Member

I bought a Vango Equinox 350 last year and it's good for car camping – too heavy for cycle touring/walking. Quick to put up/take down. Tunnel is split into two areas – generous for sleeping and the other half is big enough to put kit in, including a bike, and you can sit on a chair without touching the top !!!

backhander
    Free Member

I've recently bought this tent and we think it's ace.
    Took it to North wales and it took me and the mrs and the dog no problems. It takes me under 5 minutes to erect and the vestibule is an ideal area for cooking/getting out of the rain. Fully recommended.
    I would also recommend finding the best price on tinterwebnet and taking the details to your local go outdoors as they will beat it by 10% IIRC. Make sure it's in stock first.
    Good luck.

mudpup
    Free Member

Just bought a Hi Gear Mojave 5 from GoOutdoors for 150sniffs – reduced from 280. Loads of room for me, mrs pup and jnr pup. Plenty of standing rom inside the porch and sleeping areas and a quick pitch too. Highly recommended and an upgrade over my Vango Beta 350.

anagallis_arvensis

I bought a vango beta and its suprisingly good, stayed up in the lakes and Scotland this summer when other tents didnt and only cost £90 so its already paid for itself, loads of room for two and a dog.

Spongebob
    Free Member

My main advice is let the wife choose a tent! If she likes it, then you will be in with a chance of her enthusing about camping. My wife hates camping after two unseasonally very cold nights this summer. They were 8 weeks apart. The next night was very warm,but she had gone home by then. Sods law!

Consider what it might be like having a dog in a tent. You will need a bit of space.

Go to Go Outdoors and see the display tents.

I am expecting a big end of season sale of tents in the next few weeks.

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

i was looking in buying in blacks or millets as i get 10% off plus i got a 10% voucher for blacks, plus the coleman's is £50 off at blacks online already.

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

well looks like they took it off there website so, i will look at anything now lol.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What Tent?’ is closed to new replies.